Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 557 Posts

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
Man Utd complete Berbatov switch

Manchester United have signed Bulgaria striker Dimitar Berbatov from Tottenham in a deal worth £30.75m.

The deal sees Fraizer Campbell going the other way on a season long loan.

Spurs also announced they will not pursue their official complaint to the Premier League which accused United of pursuing 27-year-old Berbatov.

"Joining United is a dream come true for me - I look forward to playing my part in helping this club win more honours," he told the club website.

Old Trafford manager Sir Alex Ferguson added: "This is a key signing. Dimitar is one of the best and most exciting strikers in world football.

"His style and ability will give the team a different dimension and I'm sure he will be a popular player with the fans."

The capture ends a summer-long saga that took a dramatic twist on transfer deadline day.

Earlier on Monday, it appeared rivals Manchester City were going to shatter United's hopes after they had a bid of more than £30m accepted by Spurs.

The offer was made after City announced they were in the process of being taken over by the Abu Dhabi United Group, who have already begun to throw their weight around with bids for several high-profile players.

City manager Mark Hughes had said he was planning to talk to Berbatov, but later admitted to BBC Radio 5 Live that his chances of meeting the striker were slim.

"I would like the opportunity to talk to him but we haven't been afforded that opportunity," he said.

"The lad has made his intentions known for some time [playing Champions League football] and it might be difficult to change his focus."

Real Madrid were also thought to be interested in Berbatov, but Real's president Ramon Calderon told BBC Radio 5 Live they have not made a bid for the player.

Relations between Spurs and United have been far from amicable during this transfer saga.

In July, Spurs submitted a year's worth of evidence to the Premier League to support their complaint of Manchester United's "disgraceful" pursuit of the forward.

And until late on Monday, the White Hart Lane club had confirmed that they had agreed a transfer fee only with City.

tis a well known fact that yids invented limbo because of the penchant for sneaking into pay toilets so its no surprise they screwed last pennies out of us is it . jewish dilemma ? free pork !!!!!!!!:eek:

·
Banned
83 Posts
Hahahahahahahahaha Done Deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Man Utd Will Have The Last Laugth Now ,
We Have Spies At >>>
1.arse : Silvestre!!
2.everton : Saha!!
3. Tottenham : Campbell!!
We Don't Have To Worry About Chelski Now Cause We Got To Crush Al City First .

In Another Note I Was Just Thinking About The Hellski Fans Who Bought The Robhino Shirt!!!!!!!!!!
Hahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come On Berbagod !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Show Your Devil Side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
83 Posts
Hahahahahahahahaha Done Deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Man Utd always have The Last Laugth ,
We Have Spies At >>>
1.arse : Silvestre!!
2.everton : Saha!!
3. Tottenham : Campbell!!
We Don't Have To Worry About Chelski Now Cause We Got To Crush Al City First .

In Another Note I Was Just Thinking About The Hellski Fans Who Bought The Robhino Shirt!!!!!!!!!!
Hahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come On Berbagod !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Show Your Devil Side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
haggler said:
tis a well known fact that yids invented limbo because of the penchant for sneaking into pay toilets so its no surprise they screwed last pennies out of us is it . jewish dilemma ? free pork !!!!!!!!:eek:
ROFLMAO, only the great hags could come out with somthing like that. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Finally , i've been watchin the sky site forever too !! , Oh What great news !

Cant wait to see him perform for United ! And Against liverpool !

REALLY GREAT !

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I bet its just a plan..sparky just said that to mislead Chelsea so that they can get Robinho lol...He's a red devil legeng anyway..cant see him going against his mentor..all that he said might merely be an excuse..:p

I wish..:D

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
Im actually hugely satisfied with this deal. Not sure about the price but right now i really dont care because im pleased we got him. Also Frazier will hopefully do well and get experience at spurs.

Jus watching sky sports and all the city talk and them signing Robinho was annoying...I really like Robinho as a player so it was dissapointing to see him play for man city so i wanted us even more so than ever to get berbatov sowe have a big signing too!

Feels great, shoud do well for us and give us something different!!

Bring on Liverpool!!

On a side note, i expect a few managers to get the chop some the end of the season lol

pz

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Remember though Berba hasn't played first team football though since Ramos was throwing him to the reserves. I wouldn't necessarily count on him for the Liverpool game.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Cappy said:
Remember though Berba hasn't played first team football though since Ramos was throwing him to the reserves. I wouldn't necessarily count on him for the Liverpool game.
yes very good point there he mite not even start
although hes got a nice ammount of time to get back up 2 100% fitnes and gel with the team

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Cappy said:
He will play 2 games for Bulgaria by the Liverpool game.
We should start him i think

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Glad we've picked up Berbatov in time, and this has filled with me some much needed confidence heading into two tricky EPL games.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
After months and months of speculation, its about time we got our man. Berba has two weeks to gel with the team before the pool match. I reckon he'll be a starter.

·
Registered
224 Posts
berbatov + penalties = 42goals there I said it, with Ronaldo and hopefully Tevez NOT Rooney pulling all the defenders off him, berbatov if he is as good as everybody says he is will find goals easier to come by

21 - 40 of 557 Posts