Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Banned
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Berbatov is playing really well and undoubtedly has a touch of class but he is another striker who likes to play deep like Roo and Tevez. He reminds me in some ways of Frank Lampard, who does a few nice touches in midfield and then arrives late in the box and stands around waiting for someone to put it on a plate for him.

Berba has scored 1 goal in 9 league games

Not a great start for a £30m striker, although he has never been prolific so maybe we shouldn't expect it.

Has he improved the team ?

·
Registered
934 Posts
i think he has improved the team. he brings
others in to the game by creating space.

he has 6 assists in the league so far. so even
if he is not scoring he is setting them up. :)

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Of course, he's improved the team.

His goal tally might not be brilliant, but there's much more to him than just scoring goals.

He is not an out and out striker like RVN or Huntelaar. But he brings so much to the team. You won't see him tearing up the fields like Ronaldo or tirelessly working his socks off like Rooney and Tevez. His qualities are more subtle, some interpret it as laziness.

The angelic first touch, the quick flick-on's, the pin point passing, the ability to hold up the ball, the vision to spot the right pass and above all his ability to spiring into life and produce moments of magic has elevated our game substantially.

He is number 1 in the assists chart and has bagged 5 goals in 10 games. And he is just starting to gel with the team. Not too shabby eh? The guy is absolute class and like United, he is a joy to watch. I for one, absolutely adore him.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
At first You can download all games with aim to extract Berbatov's figures.
6 assists are the minimum what he gave to the team. His permanent level of partnership and game vision showed that only for 2 months period why his ,,price" increased to 40 mln.
He is not a self fish and stupid ,,glory" hunter.

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
Yes, he has improved the United game. He makes space for others and when he doesn't score he assists very well like the assist to ronaldo against west ham. Maybe he has scored only one goal in the prem league, but he's the best scorer in the champions league with four goals in two games for us.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
yeah Berba is playing more like Rooney than playing like Van Nistelrooy and hes doing a good job by passing the ball
but i don't think we splashed 30m for a a player to pass the ball if so we could have signed a midfielder not a striker

Berba have bugged me off versus Hull as he was so lazy and he won't run to save his life
many passes came ahead him but he didn't chase them and try to win them he just stand and watch a hall player take the ball
also his finishing was crap as he missed few chances he could have atleast shot them on target

other wise he was ok in the last two matches :)

and ahh here is a picture of what berbatov is

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
i believe that berbatov will and is making rooney into they player we all know he can be.
he plays mostly deeper than rooney which means rooney must drive forward more, which is only good for the team.

everything berbs does looks cool calm and collected, with the style that ive not seen since....(you know who im going to say.......)...................................cantona.

he is a very different player from who he was at spurs.HES EVEN CHASING DOWN THE BALL NOW!!! you would never have seen him do that in a spurs shirt.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
burnzy1987 said:
i believe that berbatov will and is making rooney into they player we all know he can be.
he plays mostly deeper than rooney which means rooney must drive forward more, which is only good for the team.

everything berbs does looks cool calm and collected, with the style that ive not seen since....(you know who im going to say.......)...................................cantona.

he is a very different player from who he was at spurs.HES EVEN CHASING DOWN THE BALL NOW!!! you would never have seen him do that in a spurs shirt.
spurs are **** :)

why would anybody run a millimeter for the spuds :p

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I think he has give us a new dimension, he is nowhere near his best at the moment .
I think he is still coming to terms with being a united player , i expect him to improve gradually as he gets used to his teamates and by the end of the season he will be firing on all cylinders

·
Banned
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does anyone know if Berbatov has scored against a top 4 side in the league??

(besides his penalty against Chelsea for Spurs).

Will he cut the mustard against a competitive team?

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Salford Lad said:
Does anyone know if Berbatov has scored against a top 4 side in the league??

(besides his penalty against Chelsea for Spurs).

Will he cut the mustard against a competitive team?
he scored against us last season

·
Banned
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Was this not the problem we were hoping to solve with a new striker? because Tevez also plays deep.

Rooney's best posistion is behind a striker!!!!!!!!!

I think Berba will get found out against a top team maybe in Europe where every player has to give 100% effort and work for the team to get the result.

I fear Berba could vanish in such a game !!

burnzy1987 said:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Salford Lad said:
Was this not the problem we were hoping to solve with a new striker? because Tevez also plays deep.

Rooney's best posistion is behind a striker!!!!!!!!!

I think Berba will get found out against a top team maybe in Europe where every player has to give 100% effort and work for the team to get the result.

I fear Berba could vanish in such a game !!
can't agree with that at all he is the kind of player that will excel in those kind of games, you don't need to run around all game tackling people when thats not your job. He has the kind of class and skill to turn a big game like that rather than disapear.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Of course he has improved the team. He is now THE focal point of our attacks.
He can come short for it, hold it up, spray passes, hold defenders off etc etc.
The guy has it all and he has done well since he arrived.
Dont forget it will take him a while to adapt and adjust to our system/new players etc.

the guy is a class act, 5 goals so far + 6 assists and a lot of those games have been tough aways.

He will get even better though, just give him time.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Salford Lad said:
yep!

but he was pathetic against Liverpool and Chelsea !
and?
They were his first 2 games for United, new team mates, new surroundings,
new system/role etc.....
Also, they were both away games against arguably the 2 best defences in the Prem(bar us).
He was never going to bang in a hat trick in those games now was he?
He hasnt taken much time to come good and he will continue to get even better.
Everyone has bad games now and again, even the great Ronaldo. ;)

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Salford Lad said:
yep!

but he was pathetic against Liverpool and Chelsea !

No comment !

I respect your opinion,but that is not reason to be agree with you.
Against Liverpool ,,pathetic" were VDS and Gigs. He was injured by Karaghar .
against Chelski pathetic was the referee allowed goal after fault.
Other thing is that If only one of Berba's pure and smooth passes was scored by his partners , now subject of disccution against that Balkan subject most probably will be the ,,problem" why berba is still single man or something rubbish like this.
I am not a Man Utd fan ,but usual when i speak about football I know what I mean.
I am not able to be argued with more than games figures and clips.
I am sorry for that.

1 - 20 of 170 Posts