Manchester United Talk banner
161 - 170 of 170 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
berbatov and ronaldo have been selected for eurosport's team of the season so far !!!

lol - he must be doing something right

-team of the season so far

Shay Given (Newcastle), Jose Bosingwa (Chelsea), Jamie Carragher (Liverpool), Ryan Taylor (Wigan), Michael Turner (Hull), Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Javier Mascherano (Liverpool), Samir Nasri (Arsenal), Fernando Torres (Liverpool) and Dimitar Berbatov (Manchester United).

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
wasn't that keen on berba,to be honest..but he's a super player,and i heard him give an interview a couple of weeks ago..what a nice fella..he seems different now to how he was at spurs...good luck to him.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
red lady said:
wasn't that keen on berba,to be honest..but he's a super player,and i heard him give an interview a couple of weeks ago..what a nice fella..he seems different now to how he was at spurs...good luck to him.
well well well - look who finally decided to show up on footie subjects:p

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,659 Posts
this time next year....we will be talkin about berbatov being the best striker in the world! He has enough time to develope and hone his skills at united.....plus the more the team play together with him, hes only gettin better TBH!
Hes pure class

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I would have thought that his strike against Stoke put a plug in the gobs that were screaming he's *****.

I think he has the best first touch and ball cntrol in the premier league and I'm not saying that lightly. the strike on the weekend is clinical by anybody's standards.

let;s hop he can start working on getting into those positions more often.

And of course you;re right. a year from now, he'll be the best thing since sliced bread and ABBA ;)

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts

Seems some of our fans dislike Berbatov. What does the opposition think of him? Here's a superb piece from a Chelsea blog. It's a long read but it's very good and definitely worth a read imo.

http://thechelseablog.wordpress.com/2008/11/03/is-uniteds-berbatov-really-one-of-footballs-bad-guys/

Here are some excerpts.

It's a definite first for me to sing the praises of an opposition player on here, but seriously, how good does Dimitar Berbatov look at United? I mean, I always rated him when he was at Spurs and he's a player most of us would love to have at our club surely? And yet, all the while he was at an average club, you just knew he was capable of going up a level.

And Berbatov clearly didn't make that move for the money either, because if that was the case he would've moved to Man City who were prepared to offer as much as it took to snatch him on deadline day. Berbatov didn't even entertain that idea though because again, he probably knew that would be no way to showcase his skills at the highest level.

Besides, Berbatov clearly isn't some shallow mercenary. In fact, in spite of what Levy would have people believe, Berbatov isn't one of football's bad guys. The Bulgarian's upbringing, which saw the young Berbatov often queue for up to eight hours for bread, has resulted in a pretty grounded bloke for a Premier League star. The £30million striker says “My personality has been shaped by my upbringing. I know what a crisis is. I appreciate life and I never take anything for granted.†Whilst his mother adds “Dimitar has no interest in a fancy lifestyle. His life is football, family and friends. He can travel anywhere in the world, but he tells me he prefers Bulgaria to Barbados.â€

And whilst he's been working his way so ‘selfishly' up the footballing ladder, he's managed to support five care homes, paid out for 500 pairs of trainers so that deprived children didn't have to walk around barefoot, and even as far back as 2001 – when according to Levy, he was a nobody – Berbatov paid for a young girl to have life-saving liver transplant surgery. Oh, and he's also investing in a football academy in his hometown. I wonder if we'll ever read stories like that about Daniel Levy in the press?

161 - 170 of 170 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.