Manchester United Talk banner

What do you honestly think of Berbatov now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 6000 Posts

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a striker his record is not that bad. He scores a goal every other game on average. But considering how much we spent... anyone else feeling a bit disappointed? Hopefully he'll come good but I can't see his goal to game ratio improving much. Have we over spent here? Yes people will argue what else he brings to the team but we have plenty of players who bring plenty to the team. What we needed this summer was a leathal goal score and at the moment Berbatov is not that. Tevez and Rooney both add the extra dynamic to the side, we did need a goal scorer.

I think money would have been better spent on Villa, heck you might have been got Eto'o or you almost certainly could have got Benzema for £30. Is this bad business?

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Not at all to be honest, he's been producing so much lately, he brings real class to us and he's looking better every game, the work rate and desire to recieve the ball is there too now; to me he's looking worth every penny

Z

·
0 Posts
We've just extended our lead at the top of the table, beaten the record number f clean sheets for a Premiership team and scored five goals away from home, yet people STILL try and find faults. Absolutely ridiculous.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes he does look class, his work rate is good and he has a good touch. But almost every united player has good work rate (park, tevez, rooney etc etc) and most have good vision and tough. Berbas class does out weigh most our players but remember why he bought him; to score goals.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Well the Tottenham supporters that I talk to say that Berbatov comes alive in the second half of the season. I mean, it will take time for him to adjust, and I think that's what he's doing right now. The more Berba plays with us and adjusts himself to how we play, the better he will get. I'm willing to give him a whole season before we look back at our purchase. I mean, if we had judged Vidic and Evra after half a season, they'd be gone, but look where they are now.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Did anyone expect him to score more often than he has been? He was never going to score 40+ as it is. He's added a new dimension, and has been one of our best players so far, especially of late.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
RichardsReds said:
Yes he does look class, his work rate is good and he has a good touch. But almost every united player has good work rate (park, tevez, rooney etc etc) and most have good vision and tough. Berbas class does out weigh most our players but remember why he bought him; to score goals.
I don't remember anybody stating the reason we bought him was to score goals. The reason you buy any player is to improve you team and he certainly has done that.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
A bit disappointed that you somehow managed to not only buy a computer, but then you found your way online, followed by you making your way here and making this asinine topic.

Granted I could trace the disappointments back to your conception, but I tried to stay civil.

Anyone who could be disappointed with one of our strikers after tonights performance.......

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
jaysus Richie. you have clearly been spending too much time in the gym. Try reading some other threads.... oh a bit of info for you....

Updated:

He has 11 goals and 9 assists so far,

-Made the winner at Stoke.
-Scored the winner vs Boro.
-Ran the entire show and Motm at Southampton.
-Scored 1, made 1 vs Chelsea.
- Helped create the winner against Wigan.
-Scored the last minute winner at Bolton.
-Scored winner vs Spurs in FA Cup.
-Scored 1 and made 1 at WBA

^^They were his last 8 games.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Zuco

You do not have to look hard to see the fault. Manchester United spent £30 for a scorer who does not score enough to live up to £30.

Zuco let me ask you this then. If you spent £30,000 on a car that was meant to drive at 180mph but it could only reach 165mph. You would still have a brilliant car but would you not be annoyed that it wasn't doing what thought it would be doing before purchase?

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
RichardsReds said:
For a striker his record is not that bad. He scores a goal every other game on average. But considering how much we spent... anyone else feeling a bit disappointed? Hopefully he'll come good but I can't see his goal to game ratio improving much. Have we over spent here? Yes people will argue what else he brings to the team but we have plenty of players who bring plenty to the team. What we needed this summer was a leathal goal score and at the moment Berbatov is not that. Tevez and Rooney both add the extra dynamic to the side, we did need a goal scorer.

I think money would have been better spent on Villa, heck you might have been got Eto'o or you almost certainly could have got Benzema for £30. Is this bad business?
**** off.

Wont even bother adding to it. I'll probably get banned again if I add more.

Z

·
0 Posts
RichardsReds said:
Zuco

You do not have to look hard to see the fault. Manchester United spent £30 for a scorer who does not score enough to live up to £30.

Zuco let me ask you this then. If you spent £30,000 on a car that was meant to drive at 180mph but it could only reach 165mph. You would still have a brilliant car but would you not be annoyed that it wasn't doing what thought it would be doing before purchase?
Do you honestly think he was bought for the sole purpose of scoring goals? Had you ever watched him play before he joined us? Do you know more than Sir Alex Ferguson?

He has so much more to his game than scoring goals. He holds the ball up and brings others into the game, and if my memory serves me correctly he's got more assists than anybody this season.

The proof of the pudding is that Fergie starts him in almost every game. If he wasn't doing what Fergie wanted then he would be on the bench.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
RichardsReds said:
Zuco

What a ridiculous statement......Ok if you had a car that did 180mph but was only getting 165 but had the best gadgets,top steering,all the top specs would you be dissapointed.Berbatov is a god at the game and you sir epicly failed at that post.....Also whats the RRP Scoring rate of a £30 MILLION stirker and whats to stop him achieveing this feat with such a long way to go in his first season in a side that has been jumbled around like no tommorow for example the same back 4 haven't played in 8 games......I have read 3 of your posts and each make me think you should follow Rugby not football.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jazz 16 said:
jaysus Richie. you have clearly been spending too much time in the gym. Try reading some other threads.... oh a bit of info for you....

Updated:

He has 11 goals and 9 assists so far,

-Made the winner at Stoke.
-Scored the winner vs Boro.
-Ran the entire show and Motm at Southampton.
-Scored 1, made 1 vs Chelsea.
- Helped create the winner against Wigan.
-Scored the last minute winner at Bolton.
-Scored winner vs Spurs in FA Cup.
-Scored 1 and made 1 at WBA

^^They were his last 8 games.
I do watch every united game you know. :)

To all the rude people.

I never wrote he was a bad player I said for £31m we have overspent.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
RichardsReds said:
Zuco

So you probably would also have proposed getting rid of Rio a long time ago, as before he didn't live up to his expensive purchase. Surely we can also get rid of Rooney, as he's scoring less and he's always injured. And we can also get rid of Anderson because he hasn't scored yet, right?

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
RichardsReds said:
I do watch every united game you know. :) Clearly not by your Berba remarks

To all the rude people. yes what?

I never wrote he was a bad player I said for £31m we have overspent.
You actually said £30
........:p

1 - 20 of 6000 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.