Manchester United Talk banner

What do you honestly think of Berbatov now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
jaysus Richie. you have clearly been spending too much time in the gym. Try reading some other threads.... oh a bit of info for you....

Updated:

He has 11 goals and 9 assists so far,

-Made the winner at Stoke.
-Scored the winner vs Boro.
-Ran the entire show and Motm at Southampton.
-Scored 1, made 1 vs Chelsea.
- Helped create the winner against Wigan.
-Scored the last minute winner at Bolton.
-Scored winner vs Spurs in FA Cup.
-Scored 1 and made 1 at WBA

^^They were his last 8 games.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
like i said on a pevious thread this subject is getting boring will all the berbatov critics leave him alone till the end of the season , then we can all judge the team and individuals on how succesful we have been.
i am personally hoping berbatov scores a few more match winning goals and shuts his stupid critics up , why compare him to eric , why stop there keep going back to best law and charlton , i think this is ridiculous.
how can people find things to moan about we are in the best position for winning trophies i have ever experienced in my life time , put yourself in the scousers shoes and then you will have reason to moan
Well said Stretty.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
assist thread class:thumbsup: long way and alot of effort needed to come close to getting anything near cantona status but can see the berb being a big hit overall. the best is yet to come!
I know fish, you are preaching to the converted here. I was captain of the MUT Berba camp last summer:thumbsup:
The lads who have been here a while will tell ya :p

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
cant believ there still so many doubters. i wont name names but u would no yourself:whistling: maybe a goal tomoro and winner saturday mite... na still think the berba bashing would continue!
I keep a black book and I never forget ;) they will come grovelling come the end of the season.:D

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
He has been a 7/10 for me this season. It was always going to take him a while to get used to his new team mates so he started off a little slow. This season he is our 3rd highest scorer with 13 goals and our 3rd highest assist maker with 9, so he HAS contributed to our season. He has been a bit off the boil recently but its always hard to come back early from injuries, and he has had a few. I do think his best is yet to come but I have seen more than enough to consider him a 'success'. Certainly no flop :rolleyes:

Some people also have short memories as well...lets go back to before Christmas and when we were due to fly off to Japan to compete in the World Club Championships. Could anyone have imagined we would be top of the league so soon after coming back? I doubt it.

If you look at the 8 games we played after Japan when we stormed to the top of the league you will see how important and inspirational he was. You cant argue with these facts:

-Scored 1 and made 1 at WBA.

As I said Id give him a 7/10 for his season so far but the best is yet to come.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
^^^I'd pretty much agree with that. He went through a difficult start and then started looking good in the middle and then went a little offkey during the later stages but as you said injuries have not helped.

I also agree about the short term memory thing as i have said a few times about people who are always quick to criticise rio or ronaldo and so on. Good read dude, just was curious as to your views on him.

pz!:cool:
No worries OG!
I dont think many of our players have really performed to their potential this season.
We seem to be criticising a lot of players recently, but Berba has been good for me, a lot better than some other players. If Berba scores the winner in the CL final or FA Cup final he will be an instant hero. Thats just football. I just hope to **** ALL our players pick it up in the last month of the season. This could be THE greatest season in the history of football everywhere yet we arent even playing that well lol :D Tis a funny old game.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I just hope we don't loose to porto because being out of the champions league always kinda fades the season a little imo.
I dont know about that. Id gladly not win the CL if it meant we won the first ever domestic treble. Not just that but tying 18 all with the Scousers would be amazing. I just have a bad feeling about the Porto game. I dont think we will get through tbh, but I do think we will win the domestic treble. I can feel it. Hope Im wrong about the Porto result though. Wait and see I guess.

Anyway Berbatov eh? Yes, he will come good and score some vital goals between now and the end of the season. Mark my words :D

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
provided nothing when he came on.
an absolute shambles when taking the penalty-he is a striker and should be putting it into the ******* corner.

agree/disagree?discuss...............
(yes im pissed and pissed off)
he missed ONe penalty. It happens to loads of players, great players.
No one is mentioning Rio's miss. Just get over it.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
its the WAY he missed it.

he is a forward.he has the ability to put a football in the corner of the net from 12 yards.If the goalkeeper saved it fair enough.....but he DIDN'T!

i have never critised Berbatov even though the more i watch him the more i think he brings nothing to the squad.

It was just a penalty. If he had wrong footed the keeper everyone would have banged on about how amazing it was. Players get them wrong sometimes. You should check his penalties record, its very impressive. Rio also missed a penalty yet that hasnt even been mentioned :confused: and dont give me the 'Berba is a forward' crap. They are both footballers and they both missed. Its unfair to blame them. Would the Everton fans have blamed Cahill had they lost? no way.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
and tbh - it's not only his attitude that bothers me it's a fact that he ust isn't united quality and apart from his touch he brings nothing
So many Berba doubters, its crazy :frown:

Crooney, how can you say he brings nothing? Thats insane.

Ill just quote a bit from my earlier post (#20)

Some people also have short memories as well...lets go back to before Christmas and when we were due to fly off to Japan to compete in the World Club Championships. Could anyone have imagined we would be top of the league so soon after coming back? I doubt it.

If you look at the 8 games we played after Japan when we stormed to the top of the league you will see how important and inspirational he was. You cant argue with these facts:

-Scored 1 and made 1 at WBA.

I just dont see how you can justify your post with the facts I have just shown above.
and tbh - it's not only his attitude that bothers me it's a fact that he ust isn't united quality and apart from his touch he brings nothing
:thumbsdownsmileyani

There is so much negative shit around the place about Berba and his penalty miss and its pissing me off. Do people honestly think he isnt bothered? :rolleyes: Some think he missed it on purpose :rolleyes: Some reckon Tevez is the better player :rolleyes: Its lunacy. He hasnt shown his entire potential at United so far but he has shown enough to suggest he will be a huge hit at United in the future.

At least give him till the end of the season before you start annihilating him. What would happen if he were to score the winning goal in the CL final? Would you still rag on him? What if he scored the winning goal in all important Premiership game, which would win us title number 18? Would that not be enough? or would he be your new hero if that happened? My guess is that he would make it onto at least a dozen avatars here :rolleyes:

I really hope he does, so I can come back on here and say I told you so to the 70%+ of you that just cant see pure genius at work. So you can all carry on (not just you Crooney, this is directed at all the doubters btw) with your slating, and I KNOW Ill be back to this thread when he cracks in a winner.;)

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I totally agree with Jazz. Alright, Berbs hasn't had the dream start we all would have liked, but he has shown potential and I think we have a lot more to come from him. I can't understand all the slagging that the team is getting, we're top of the league and in the CL semi's, considering all the injuries we've had and the amount of rotation that's been going on, I think we're doing pretty well. There's been no consistancy at all this season apart from the incredible run of clean sheets brought on by a solid defence. I for one am looking forward to next season. I'm praying that Hargreaves can make it back to full levels and give us the stability in the mid-field that we are lacking at the moment. I think then we will see the best of Berb's, Ronny and the others. I don't want to see Tevez leave, I know the price tag is a bit heavy but I think in time the rotating trio of Berba, Rooney and Tevez up front will pay its dividends. Fergies got it spot on IMO, but it needs time to work, at least another season. My only criticism is that all 3 of them spend far too much time in mid-field and not in the box. We need a mid-field general to keep them in line and in their proper positions. Carrick isn't influential enough, Scholes and Giggs were never really captain material, and the others are too young. Once Hargreaves comes back I think we'll see the best from Berba and co. Maybe we'll buy a strong midfielder in the summer, I think thats all thats missing. We just need someone to run the show.
Great first post and welcome to the forum Carlo.
I definitely agree with your points regarding Hargreaves and your assessment in general.
Hope you stick around the place. If you have any questions just ask.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I think we need to hand it to CROoney, his determination is admirable,
he hasn't been very hostile, hasn't allowed himself to be provoked and
is determinedly fighting his corner. He's fighting a losing battle, but by
god is he fighting well.
:rofl::rofl:

1 - 20 of 143 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.