Manchester United Talk banner

What do you honestly think of Berbatov now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbatov

Dimitar Berbatov 
351K views 6K replies 304 participants last post by  Jazz 16 
I'm not disappointed with him. Having said that I agree with one aspect of the OP's post.

For the price we could've gotten an Aguerro, an Eto'o, a Benzema. Does that makes sense?

I like Berba but the price could've bought us a genuine out & out goalscorer with a fantastic work rate.

He played a vital role against Porto & he was part of the difference between how we played in the 1st leg Vs 2nd leg.

His contribution was not highly visible, i.e. no 35 yards screamers, but he was very important all the same.

Firstly, Rox, get out of Rooney's locker. :p Secondly he may not run hard but he does work hard for the team.

He just does it in his own way. His passing and calmness. His ability to hold off challenges & keep the ball.

He gives our team confidence & possession, you notice it when he's not there. He brings players into the game.

Still, despite Tevez playing more games, he still hasn't contributed as much to the team as Berbatov. That's the thing you're failing to grasp CROoney.
I'd say, this season in mind, Zuco is correct. Berbatov has leant a clamness & fluidity to the team.

By contrast Tevez has run plenty but unfortunately his wayward finishing has rendered all his workrate null & void.

P.S. This doesn't mean that Zuco is right often. Just this time.

and just one more thing so we understand

i'm not saying that tevez is more skillfull then berbatov - no way - but overall he's been better and is a better player
Hmm... Lets look at them in terms of the premiership debuts, i.e. Tevez at West Ham & Berbatov at Spurs.

Yes Tevez came to life at the end of his West Ham adventure and subsequently scored the goals that kept them up.

However you'd have to agree that Berbatov made far more of a name for himself in his 2 seasons at Tottenham.

That said I wasn't big on signing Berbatov in the first place. I'd have preferred Arshavin.

thats a horrible idea, the fact is no matter if you are the most attack minded midfielder your duty is still to put in some defensive effort as a midfielder, berbatov would do none at all. Maybe he could work as a sort of second striker playing behind a target man upfront, but theres no way he would work as a midfielder.
Berbatov has the vision and creativity for a good midfielder but with his work rate, I doubt it.
Andrea Pirlo. I'm not starting an argument just pointing out a player who sits deep in midfield yet does no defensive work.

united only have to pay 22million for tevez, the amount of money they have paid him in wages for the two years will be knocked of the price, only other teams like madrid and from news today liverpool will have to pay the full price for em, even city are after em and chelski...
The above price is a SHITLOAD of ******* money. Sorry I'm not criticizing you

I just can't stand huge amounts of money thrown about on individual player.

Too much money for Tevez or anybody in my opinion.

Berbatov is a superb player.Im just not sure he is the right player for us.
SPOT ON! Nail on the head.....
next season will make my mind up on wheather he should stay, but so far IMO, he hasn't looked like a 30M player TBH
This pretty much sums up how I, at least, feel about Berbatov. I would've loved Arshavin here at OT.

That said I think Arsenal is probably the best environment for him.

CROoney said:
did you get my pm ?
Yes I did & it makes things clearer. :)

At the end of the day I suppose it's all about what each person defines as a good game.

Would you rather have a striker who makes good passes, touches throught out the game but doesn't make it onto the scoresheet?

Or would you prefer a striker who doesn't really do much, is technically poor, yet always pops up with a goal at the crucial moment?

I like Berbatov so don't take this the wrong way, just stating an opinion, I prefer the technically poor striker who pops up with a goal.

Inzaghi is the perfect example of this. He isn't the most technically proficient striker but his goal return is staggering.

Huntelaar is another good example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.