Manchester United Talk banner

What do you honestly think of Berbatov now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Did anyone expect him to score more often than he has been? He was never going to score 40+ as it is. He's added a new dimension, and has been one of our best players so far, especially of late.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
If people are so obsessed with workrate then perhaps they'd have been excited if we signed Heskey.

Berbs is too busy scoring and making goals to run.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
He's not as confident. Cantona shot from anywhere.

Its a two-sided coin being compared to Eric, or at least I'd take it as one.

One one hand, YOU'RE BEING COMPARED TO ERIC FUCKING CANTONA. :thumbsup:

On the other hand, that's a comparison nobody can ever live up to.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Let's examine how he played at Spurs:

He sat on the last defender's shoulders for the most part, while Robbie Keane dropped deep to get the ball. They were the best strike combo in England playing this way.

Berbatov hasn't played this way since his 2nd or 3rd game here, all this "he doesn't run 50 kilometers a game, and he's not Tevez!" bollocks probably got to him.

I'd like to see Berbatov stand just onside, and Rooney actually in the hole, with Fergie telling him to stay between Berbatov and the midfield.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
If Tevez played better when he had his chances then he would have been ahead of Berbatov in the pecking order, and dont give me the 'he scored 4 goals in a game crap' :rolleyes: Carling cup- big deal.
Against a relegation fodder's rezzies no less.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
It was quite a strong team of Blackburn's btw. And the Berbatov fans all use his "running of the show and MOTM performance against SOUTHAMPTON" as an example of how good he is.

And I'm not take either side btw, just thought I'd say :thumbsup:
Whoops. Thought it was against Borough. :eek: We either played Blackburn right before, or right after Borough.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
say a guy who has matt hughes in his avatar:rolleyes:

btw - CSKA,Tottenham,United....

whats in common to all those teams

i like tevez as a player but you don't see me going on city pages
Fanboys grossly overestimate who they're fans of. Case in point, I don't think Matt Hughes is even a top 10 welterweight, thus making me a fan, not a fanboy.

Discordantly, you rate Tevez higher than probably anyone else in the world. Everyone besides you, and Manchester City realize he's not that great. He can't finish, dribble, and his only big plus is his workrate. However, even when Berbatov scores a fantastic goal, what's the first thing you do? Post a god damned Carlos Tevez video.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
how am i a fanboy if i don't rate him to be amoung the top 10 strikers in the world

shake your hade before saying sometihing stupid boy - it will do you wonders in the future

i rate him to be better than berbatov alright
You're a fanboy because you overrate Carlos Tevez to the point of nausea. Also, if you're going to call someone stupid, try and spell correctly, and use some punctuation for the love of God.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
i'm not calling you stupid - i only said you said something stupid

but with your failure to understand the difference between the 2 i'm slowly beginning to wonder
The only thing stupid here, is your hypocrisy. You calling someone a fanboy is like Haggler telling someone to lose 10 pounds, and learn to use commas. Like me telling someone to shave, or PeeJay telling someone to be less pretentious. It is akin to -zuco- telling people to spend less time on the internet. Sad, pathetic, and just flat out dumb.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
now i'll be you on this one :" uh,uh , are you calling me stupid ?"

and i'll be you again : "You calling someone a fanboy is like Haggler telling someone to lose 10 pounds, and learn to use commas. ...." says a matt hughes fanboy

btw - i find it a bit odd for a kid in your age to have an avatar of a muscular cage fighter on a football forum - is that why you're so angry - haven't found yourself yet
I'm calling your attitude stupid, though the rest of the incoherent dribble you wrote just broadcasts your lack of intelligence to the rest of the world.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
ok ok - i see you're limited , i'm gonna have to write slowly

all those mumbo jumbos you wrote about me calling someone a fanboy look massively stupid and hypocritical considering that you have a cage fighter on your avatar. on a football forum .

and if you can't see that then i'm affraid there's no help for you.

you shouldn't have been the one to call ME a fanboy - you should have waited a second chance to have a go at me - then maybe you wouldn't look so brainless. ok ,kid ?
Fanboy: A person who has an undying urge to sway everyone that is not a believer of the belief system they have towards something. If they do not succeed, they will not sway from their statement infront of anyone who knows their stance.

For example, your love, and adoration for Carlos Tevez.

Me having Matt Hughes as my avatar (strictly for the headshaking gif. portion, if I had a gif. of anyone doing it, i'd have used it) has nothing to do with fanboyism. Ergo, you shouldn't accuse people of being something, when you clearly have no idea wtf the name you're calling them means.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Yeah but the rest of them all have those crazy eyebrows that a lot of the Bulgarian national team have. Other than the ones in sunglasses.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I'd love us to take a chance on Ruud, one of my favorite ever Reds.

He has exactly what Berbatov doesn't, the ambition and desire to score. He was incredibly selfish and I loved that about him. Berba always seems too content to lay it off and when he does he'll never bust his gut to get in to a dangerous position.

It's so frustrating too because by all accounts Van Nistelrooy really shouldn't have been THAT good. He was an average footballer with average pace, it was his brain for the game and his desire to score that put him ahead of the rest and his lethal finish of course. He always got himself in the positions.

Berba on the other hand has ridiculous talent and just doesn't play with the same sort of desire. Frustrates the hell out of me.

The rest I absolutely agree with completely.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Average was a terrible word to use.

In comparison to the great players around at the time - Henry, Fat Ronaldo etc. He wouldn't have that sort of ability but he'd still score as many goals. He was a truly great goal scorer.
Agreed. The thing about Berbatov that bothers me, is that when he and Robbie Keane played together, Berba sat on the defenders' shoulder and Keane was in the hole, and due to the fact that our midfield struggles to keep the ball, Berba, or Wayne, or both of them even, have to drop too deep to get the ball.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.