Manchester United Talk banner

What do you honestly think of Berbatov now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Well, you would have done by using another word as those two you`ve used are extremes. I`d say he`s been decent, i won`t be harsh on the lad as its his first season here, he didn`t even had a proper pre-season neither, we should be taking these things into consideration. He`ll be be more clinically improved next season, something i`m sure of.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
We can`t throw such words .. To say he`s a flop, well oh well, it takes much more than that to be considered as one!

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
i rate berbatov very highly but there is no denying that he has been very average thus far and answering stephens earlier question ? yes i did expect 30 goals from berbatov any striker worth his salt should get 30 a season at utd ,we are one of footballs greatest attacking teams for heaven sake and our winger did get 40 + all by himself last season .
But our winger had a great season on the one before that, was well used playing in our style and all he had to do is to continue building on that form. Even our winger himself struggled to keep that run ongoing, let alone a new signing who didn`t even had a proper pre-season. He turned out to be not bad at all, in my opinion, and was having a good run before his injury. We should see the great side of him next season.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
People around him had high expectations, the papers and some of the fans
expected much, much better - But i say he has done very well in his first
season here, and this shows in the constant faith Fergie has showed in him,
putting him alongside Rooney or else supported by Rooney, day in day out.
He is the automatic pick for Ferguson.

Of course, he can gives us more than the 13 goals/9 assists he has produced
this season but with all the laziness this lad has been accused of, I`d say the
statistics are not bad at all, considering its his first season here, with no proper
pre-season and arriving at OT when the season had already begun.

His best is yet to come, and those who slate him need to learn that football
is not just about work rate.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
every match he plays for this club is as a striker
its doesnt matter how many passes he put togther or how many miles he runs
all that matters is how many shots he has on target and i only saw one or two
and if i rember correctly i think one of them he should of scored from
The world has gone mad.
If he passes, runs and cover a decent amount of distance, we say he`s there only to score goals.
If he does not do what mentioned above, we say he`s lazy.

Let`s say we are never happy, and am glad Berba does not give a shit of what we think about him.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Was reading some of the above posts ..
I don`t think Berbatov works hard for the team neither, in the sense that if you want me to point out someone who does that, i`d give you Wayne Rooney and Rio Ferdinand as clear examples. Stated before too, that working hard is not everything about football. You cannot have a squad full of hard working players, you do need those number of lads who can make things happen. Take CR for instance, he`s the model of that.
His class, passing and goalscoring ability should never be doubted and this season is not a guarantee for the future neither, although someone who watches him day day out can easily tell you that this boy will make it to the top with United.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Wise words by Fergie,
for those who were slating Shiven n' me for our faith and confidence, you need to take a look at the last sentence of this article. "It is done, we just have to move on."
You stated you were the only ones that really cared that we've just lost a massive chance to win this, but Fergie knew this better than the lot of you and repeated the same thing i was convinced about in the matchday thread. Take it as an answer that with the team we have got nothing's impossible, and no, i'll say it again; its not the ****in end of the world. It could have went both sides.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
i ask any football fan when compering the first seasons - WHO WOULD YOU RATHER SEE AT UNITED TEVEZ OR BERBA FOR 30 MILLION ? any half sane football fan that knows anything about football would say tevez ( even your blind granny jazz ;) )
Not when you're not able to be consistent enough to keep that form. Fergie opted for the partnership you're opposing, because rightly so he did not judge neither player on the form they showed last season.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
yeah - he judged 30 million and i undertsand but i don't know how many more games will he wait before seeing what a terrible mistake he's made

we've become too slow thanks to berbatov
Terrible mistake? Not when we're leading the PL table and we're now in the CL semis, and part of the reason we are in this brilliant position because of the great partnership who played the majority of these matches. And to prove that, in the CL he is our top scorer along Rooney with 4 goals each, which makes it 8 out of the 14 goals we have scored in it.

Its only up to Tevez to make Fergie realize this so called terrible mistake, he had the chance to do since September now, shall we afford to wait anymore?

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
omg with you and your partnership ? what partnership ?

do you know what peartnership is ?

besides we're a huge club we haven't done anything spectacular yet...CL semis and being at the top of the PL is what we're supposed to do no matter who plays upfront - it is certainly not because of a supposed "partnership"

and last season we took a step forward

besides i was one of the few maybe the only one doubting berba's contribution ever since he came and i debated with anyone then and knew it would prove to be right - so i think we should wait and see will i be right once more

but i'm glad many fans have come to my conclusion now

some were saying i was wrong cos i'm always in the minority - lmao
I don't know how you're so big headed and saying you've been proved right? Where have you been proved right mate? Nothing spectacular from United, but being spectacular is not the key of success. We all know why we're were we are, don't try and doubt this.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
He's saying that this whole season was a mistake by Ferguson, yea right :rolleyes: Then i'd conclude that if every mistake is similar to this, then everyone would be as successful.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
i'm not big headed i'm realistic

and why i think i was right is that imwas amoung minority saying that he isn't what we needed and that he'd slow us down and won't be a big hit...now it seems to me reading all over the net that i've become a majority Minority, majority - Who cares? Its the realism which counts, and you're nowhere near it. I don't think the last 7 months were a lie eh :rolleyes:

you say being spectacular is not a key of success but winning the double is....a real double

and being in the CL semis and having a narrow lead at the top isn't succes for us - imagine if it satys this way - with us going out in the semis of the CL would we emulate last years' success ?
That's still an "if" hun, something you can't even talk about. My arguments are based on the entire season, and the positions we are now is a result of that. End of. A single performance doesn't make it or break it nor for Berbatov and either for Tevez.

and if berba gets to play 180 minutes against them we will be knocked out that's for sure "IF, again :rolleyes:"

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Of course i cannot disagree with that, the stats speaks for themselves. But we are still were we are, and that is even better than any amount of goals we can score, its even impossible to disagree with.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Then keep on saying that, and i'll stick with what i've been seeing and still am, i'll come back at the end of the season or maybe even earlier ;)

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
its useless trying to debate with someone who has shown big hatred against someone, objective arguments can't be made that way. As you guys, i gave up too. Its not an unreasonable thing that Carlitos haven't started the majority of matches this season, and now its more clear the fact that he wants to leave. He said it himself - Me and my mates are already considered winners, you can't be any braver than the gaffer who has been making the best choice all season long.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.