Manchester United Talk banner

What do you honestly think of Berbatov now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 6000 Posts

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
But Keano, if he's entitled to his,we're entitled to ours..
QFE

You can't say you don't expect these responses if you aren't going to have a well thought out post about WHY you are disappointed in someone that has been in great form as of late, coming up at huge times for us.

Whining about should have got Villa or Eto'o is just retarded. What can any of the supporters do about that? Oh yeah, I forgot, I am meeting with Fergie for tea tomorrow, I will advise him on his transfer policies when we meet as well.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
#

Excited enough to do a little sex wee maybe?:p
little is the wrong word ..... thank god the washing machine was close on hand :p

and as for berbatov i at first was not in the berbatov club and a few weeks ago i was unsure but he has come good sure as richards says he may not score as much as we apparently brought him for but everything else he does more than makes up for it to me.

i think were being harsh on him although perhaps making a thread about it wasnt the best thing to do :rolleyes:

G

·
zoran_zlatanov said:
We are now sure that Carick knows how Berbatov plays and Berbatov knows where Carick will send the ball :)
That could possibly stem back to their Spurs days and it MAY be a factor in why Fergie bought him. Could be a bit far fetched though :p

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
-zuco- said:
That could possibly stem back to their Spurs days and it MAY be a factor in why Fergie bought him. Could be a bit far fetched though :p
we brought carrick in the same year they brought berba so they never played in the same team........ forgive me if im wrong

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
andersons_left_foot said:
we brought carrick in the same year they brought berba so they never played in the same team........ forgive me if im wrong
Nope, you're right. Maybe Sir Alex bought them because they're both excellent at what they do. That they both played for Spurs happens to be a coincidence? :p

G

·
RichardsReds said:
For a striker his record is not that bad. He scores a goal every other game on average. But considering how much we spent... anyone else feeling a bit disappointed? Hopefully he'll come good but I can't see his goal to game ratio improving much. Have we over spent here? Yes people will argue what else he brings to the team but we have plenty of players who bring plenty to the team. What we needed this summer was a leathal goal score and at the moment Berbatov is not that. Tevez and Rooney both add the extra dynamic to the side, we did need a goal scorer.

I think money would have been better spent on Villa, heck you might have been got Eto'o or you almost certainly could have got Benzema for £30. Is this bad business?

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I'm not disappointed with him. Having said that I agree with one aspect of the OP's post.

For the price we could've gotten an Aguerro, an Eto'o, a Benzema. Does that makes sense?

I like Berba but the price could've bought us a genuine out & out goalscorer with a fantastic work rate.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
dlan4327 said:
I'm not disappointed with him. Having said that I agree with one aspect of the OP's post.

For the price we could've gotten an Aguerro, an Eto'o, a Benzema. Does that makes sense?

I like Berba but the price could've bought us a genuine out & out goalscorer with a fantastic work rate.
i don't get why everybody is so obsessed with work rate when roo and tevezs game is all about that! if anything its a lucky thing that berba is"lazy" imo

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
RichardsReds said:
It was £30,750,000 actually. Either way imo an overspend. Did we win last two seasons without Berba, yes! For me Berba would have justified a £20m transfer fee. He is the second highest ever prem transfer (i think i'm not certain). Anyway cba to discuss this further no one wants to talk about it. Night all.

I can understand your sentiment that he cost a lot of money.

fergie and Gill only have themselves to blame..... and berba too.

He know Man United were after him when he was at leverkusen, but decided on Spurs because he felt "they wanted him more".

So 30mil is a lot, but the price tag is hardly his fault.

Anyway, as I see it, 6mil for Evra, 7mil for Vidic, 12mil for Ronaldo balances out 27mil for rooney, 18mil for Carrick and 30mil for Berba.

Sometimes, Fergie & Co spot them early and strike early to buy them cheap and sometimes they wait & see and pay a premium.

It's all good to me.

Sometmes a bit more, sometimes a bit less, but he gets the player he wants.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Amen to that!

People need to stop talking about Eto'o, Benzema et al. They were not up for sale when we went in for Berbatov. Berbatov over the last two months has been magic and it's times like those that win titles. We will win it this year and Berbatov will be a huge role in it. Not to mention what he does for us over the next couple of years. Well worth the price.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Ady87 said:
Amen to that!

People need to stop talking about Eto'o, Benzema et al. They were not up for sale when we went in for Berbatov. Berbatov over the last two months has been magic and it's times like those that win titles. We will win it this year and Berbatov will be a huge role in it. Not to mention what he does for us over the next couple of years. Well worth the price.
Infact Eto'o was up for sale in the summer Barcelona wanted to sell him (obviously they don't now). But I think that's irrelevant as Berbatov is proving at the moment we made the right decision to buy him.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
how can you complain about berbatov he is either scoreing or setting up our goals in most of our games this last 6 weeks , you are concerned about the cost of berbatov but how much will tevez cost utd and thats on top of the 10 million to rent him for the past 2 seasons .
and i can assure everybody that berbatov will score double the amount of goals that tevez will get now that he is settling into our team.

·
Registered
320 Posts
cantos red army said:
i don't get why everybody is so obsessed with work rate when roo and tevezs game is all about that! if anything its a lucky thing that berba is"lazy" imo
i agree, berba adds a new dimension to the team, he brings a sense of calm in the final third that at times we have lacked in previous seasons. Yes rooneys and tevezs work rates are great but berba is someone we can play through and create off, its good to have a different type of forward.

41 - 60 of 6000 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.