Manchester United Talk banner

What do you honestly think of Berbatov now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
5981 - 6000 of 6000 Posts

·
This is how it feels to be City....
15,156 Posts
This clearly works both ways, I'm still waiting for CROoney to come bounding back the minute Berba has a bad game...
People are already picking holes in his performance...
This.

you have no idea how funny that is given the number of people which we put up with, who would rather see him fail just to be proven right.

All we're saying is that we've had faith in the berb, and believe he'll deliver the goods this year, and we'll see in may.
And this.....

You see, this is the point of view I don't understand. I want United to succeed, and if Berba plays a significant role in that - I will be very happy (and likely one of the first) to say I was wrong. Some, it would seem, feel that being right about Berba is actually the all important thing.
...explain my point of view - without digging the whole thing up again, it passed the point of ridiculous looooong ago!

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
firstly, I know you weren't one of those people...

but secondly, none of us are just believing in berba for the satisfaction of being right!

Sure I'll be over the moon(dog) if he has a great season (which I think he will) but I'm not putting that over United, and I don't think any of the people defending berba are either... unlike the reverse of the situation over the last 2 seasons.
OK, maybe that was a touch OTT - but I just got pissed off with the 'I am in the berba camp too' comment.

Nice one on the 'moon(dog)' - fabulous use of parentheses! ;)

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
...explain my point of view - without digging the whole thing up again, it passed the point of ridiculous looooong ago!
No offense JJ, but I can't stand the two-berba-camps proliferation. Believe me, I want Berba to succeed as well, for the good of us all. However, I have been less than confident in the past.

I'm a little more confident now though...

·
This is how it feels to be City....
15,156 Posts
No offense JJ, but I can't stand the two-berba-camps proliferation. Believe me, I want Berba to succeed as well, for the good of us all. However, I have been less than confident in the past.

I'm a little more confident now though...
Me either - but it was a consequence of the divided opinion that 'camps' were established, i.e. certain people being held up as examples automatically placed them in one...

Edit: the publication the poll results perpetuates the above.... :laugh:

·
Succumbing to Ennui under Moyes
8,440 Posts
Berba! I predicted he'd score a hatrick against Newcastle and he certainly should have done better with his chances! But a great game...hoping and expecting to see more of that this season. I have faith in you Berba! Fergie play that man and he'll get 25 plus goals for us this season! Please don't crucify me!

·
Saviour of the Forum
12,868 Posts
We really don't need to start another thread, do we?

On a side note it's interesting to see how the poll is developing...

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
The most promising thing for me was that he actually looked like he was having fun out there. He was bringing out the party tricks and really expressing himself. The nutmeg he made late on where he tackled the defender in the area was great.

People talk about Rooney needing a goal - I think Berba needs them just as much. It's a mental thing with him, we all know he has talent I don't think there's anyone who's ever doubted that. He just needs to gain a bit of confidence and self belief. The last two games will have done him the world of good. I hope he scores an important goal next week aswell.

Some of his tricks didn't come off yesterday, atleast he was showing the confidence to try it. He was moving forward with the ball aswell, which he often doesn't do.

I was one of those who thought that's it for Berba, he should go. But he's shown in the last two games that he is willing to step it up. If he can reproduce his Spurs form for United I'll be really happy, as I loved him at Spurs.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Cant believe all the excitement I'm seeing here for Berba single goal. He should have at least scored 2. Evey United supporter want him to succeed but against other bigger teams chances cannot be wasted. According to SAF he should have at least 4.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Cant believe all the excitement I'm seeing here for Berba single goal. He should have at least scored 2. Evey United supporter want him to succeed but against other bigger teams chances cannot be wasted. According to SAF he should have at least 4.
It wasn't his finishing, it was his overall game. His movement, confidence ect.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
His movement was better even saw him track back a few times which is encouraging to see, but goals win matches. I must admit he is looking better but.....

·
Hi
7,245 Posts
Yeah Rooney could have scored a few too.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
His movement was better even saw him track back a few times which is encouraging to see, but goals win matches. I must admit he is looking better but.....
I know, right? If only we would have beaten those fookin' barcodes. It sucks that we are chasing points to Chelsea already!!!1!

·
Succumbing to Ennui under Moyes
8,440 Posts
But what? No buts he had a great game and has scored in two straight games...once against Chelsea, a big team. Get behind him and leave the 'buts' home for once!

THIS IS BERBATOVS YEAR...mark these words carefully,

30 goals in all comps this season IMO
I said it too myself...provided he stays fit, keeps up his good form and Fergie plays him! He'll get 28 goals...thats my exact prediction. C'mon Berba!

5981 - 6000 of 6000 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.