Manchester United Talk banner
41 - 60 of 115 Posts

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Can we come to the conclusion after a bad season for berbatov that he is heading the same way as veron. I think the signs are there that fergie may well sell him due to the fact he has started so many games on the bench, i think sir alex lacks some confidence in this guy and rightly so.

We shud do everything thing possible to land Benzema and keep Tevez.
you dont post much but what you do post makes sense . in shoutbox days i said i didnt want berbatov if he was free . he came so i gave him a chance but as you say ------berbaveron --talented player that doesnt fit and i agree about nistelroy ---great striker but our team got lazy with him and sides stopped ruud they stopped us

·
Registered
117 Posts
Tevez is not worth 30m though, thats the problem. I think we should pay 20m tops. Plus his biggest impact has been of the bench eg Spurs, Wigan. Bring in Benzema! he is a great young talent

·
Registered
200 Posts
give him a chance.

really not my favourite player at the minute but give him time.

i dont think at 30million and one season he is going to be sold.

·
Registered
850 Posts
..can't understand why are you thinking at the end of this season that tevez had e better season than berbatov..and want tevez to stay..i want him to leave..in the last couple of week's he's always mumbling that he's not playing enough ( he has more games than berbatov,rooney) and some sort of bullshits..berbatov isn't 30m but tevez isn't 30 at all...

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
he should be given a chance lads, diego forlan had two seasons with united so give him till end of next season, you never know he might turn around next season and play out of skin, bag 20+ plus, and united might do the domestic/european double and everone will hail him as a hero and praise, plus i dont like, never have never will, but i will give it to him he has the best touch of the ball i have seen in years if not ever, but im willing to give him a chance...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
he should be given a chance lads, diego forlan had two seasons with united so give him till end of next season, you never know he might turn around next season and play out of skin, bag 20+ plus, and united might do the domestic/european double and everone will hail him as a hero and praise, plus i dont like, never have never will, but i will give it to him he has the best touch of the ball i have seen in years if not ever, but im willing to give him a chance...
Like forlan, berbatov was brought in to score goals. At least with Forlan he came mid-season from the argentinan league and needed 6 months to adapt, berbatov played a full 2 seasons in england b4 he came to us.

·
Banned
875 Posts
I think fergie should just cut his losses at the end of the season and sell this guy. He is clearly not Manchester United standard. Good player but has just brought back the stale style we had with van nistelrooy. I personally fear we will not win the league this season (hope i am wrong). Fergie should have spent an extra 5-10 million or Benzema or Huntelaar. its not a knee jerk reaction but we never looked like scoring tonight. Bring back Rooney/Tevez partnership.
First off all Berbatov is way better player then Benzema and HUntelaar he showed taht he can score and play in the best league in the world HUntelaar just scored loads of goalds against that teams are Championship standards Benzema havent proved himself on european stages. You dont like him because we lost the Final football is team game it dont depend on 1 player. He is slow but he is very good at hold up play and he haves very good skill. Now stop talking rubbish if you dont like the players in Manu go support different team

·
Registered
1,655 Posts

Like forlan, berbatov was brought in to score goals. At least with Forlan he came mid-season from the argentinan league and needed 6 months to adapt, berbatov played a full 2 seasons in england b4 he came to us.
ya but at spurs he was there star player, the reason he played so great at spurs was he was surrounded by average players, the reason id say berba hasnt been so great this season was hes coming into a team were players have won league titles, they've just won the champions league and are trying to retain it, and at united he was surrounded by superstars, ronaldo, rooney, tevez, rio, evra, etc, who all had won the league twice or more, had won the champions league, all berba had won was the carling cup with spurs...

·
Registered
117 Posts
First off all Berbatov is way better player then Benzema and HUntelaar he showed taht he can score and play in the best league in the world HUntelaar just scored loads of goalds against that teams are Championship standards Benzema havent proved himself on european stages. You dont like him because we lost the Final football is team game it dont depend on 1 player. He is slow but he is very good at hold up play and he haves very good skill. Now stop talking rubbish if you dont like the players in Manu go support different team

Benzema is strong, has a great technique and excellent finish. Berba has a great touch but slows down play falls back so if hes playing as a striker then he isnt in the box and strolls around as if he owns the club. Regardless of what I think SAF knows best, so whatever he decides, I won't complain

·
Registered
850 Posts
and at spurs everyone were passing to him..that's why he scored so many goals there.. here only rooney gives him a passes..and sometimes other players..that was against inter in the 1st leg gigs could give him a pass he was totally unmarked and in the 2nd O'shea shoud have given him a pass..and there are more examples..and that's why he plays so deep cuz it's the only way to play with the ball..

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Veron was a class player. Just never adapted.

Berbatov has already adapted.
whats he adapted to ?

berbatoss will become a liability if fergie keeps him .

not a united player never was never will be.

if he proves me wrong dig this up and rag me rotten

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
You've missed my point.

Veron was shit for us as he never adapted to the English game. Berbatov already adapted to the English style with Tottenham, where he performed pretty well. So, this is a point why you can't really say they are similar it that circumstance.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
veron was a great player yet not for us --berbatoss the same---i didnt want him and i want him out .

i wanted two players last year and i want the same two

Benzema and Huntelaar

Ribery is ok too but our worries over cm will fade as owen comes back .

Fergie cant rate him or he would have started wednesday .

He was a panic buy -as i said at the time in the shoutbox

·
Registered
469 Posts
I don't think he was a panic buy - we were after him all summer despite Spurs opposition. Fergie saw him as a Cantona type player but this hasn't really happened and won't.

I'm getting sick of the people saying 'give him more time'. I mean just how long does he need - 1 more year, two? He came from a PL club. He's 28. Holds the ball well and passes very well, BUT doesnt score enough, can't head the ball for shit despite being tall, much too slow, doesn't track back enough.

As for people saying that Rooney/Berb is more successful than Rooney/Tevez I would say that Rooney/Tevez/Ronaldo was FAR MORE successful and exciting and faster than Rooney/Berb/Ronaldo. Its the combination of the 3 that worked. There's no way anyone can deny we were much more exciting and effective the season before last and that the attack wasn't faster. Far more goals.

·
Banned
179 Posts
veron was a great player yet not for us --berbatoss the same---i didnt want him and i want him out .

i wanted two players last year and i want the same two

Benzema and Huntelaar

Ribery is ok too but our worries over cm will fade as owen comes back .

Fergie cant rate him or he would have started wednesday .

He was a panic buy -as i said at the time in the shoutbox
I seriously doubt Huntelaar would be successful at United, that said the point is mute

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
I think fergie should just cut his losses at the end of the season and sell this guy. He is clearly not Manchester United standard. Good player but has just brought back the stale style we had with van nistelrooy. I personally fear we will not win the league this season (hope i am wrong). Fergie should have spent an extra 5-10 million or Benzema or Huntelaar. its not a knee jerk reaction but we never looked like scoring tonight. Bring back Rooney/Tevez partnership.
Apart from the fact that you posted this thread back in December, it means that you only gave the guy less than 3 months. Tedious style? I'm not sure about this. Van Nistelrooy scored many, important goals for us, and I would be more than happy if Berbatov can do the same and get on a run which will last for long. Saying that one player will change the style of the team, is an over statement. We need different types of players, and throughout the years we had a lot of them but at the end, every player promoted our attacking minded style of play and they never disappointed.

Your personal, stupid feeling has been proved wrong.
It would be nice if you came back in, just now, and tell us your thoughts.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Apart from the fact that you posted this thread back in December, it means that you only gave the guy less than 3 months. Tedious style? I'm not sure about this. Van Nistelrooy scored many, important goals for us, and I would be more than happy if Berbatov can do the same and get on a run which will last for long. Saying that one player will change the style of the team, is an over statement. We need different types of players, and throughout the years we had a lot of them but at the end, every player promoted our attacking minded style of play and they never disappointed.

Your personal, stupid feeling has been proved wrong.
It would be nice if you came back in, just now, and tell us your thoughts.
I could see the signs back in december that Berbatov was going to fail here, a few goals against the mighty aalborg and celtic don't exactly convince me, yes the guy has a great 1st touch i won't deny that but the fact of the matter is we need a goalscorer (cannot keep relying on ronaldo all the time).

Just hope the Huntelaar stories this morning are true, he's made more of an impact in six months at a poor Real Madrid side than Berbatov has.

41 - 60 of 115 Posts