Manchester United Talk banner
61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
I could see the signs back in december that Berbatov was going to fail here, a few goals against the mighty aalborg and celtic don't exactly convince me, yes the guy has a great 1st touch i won't deny that but the fact of the matter is we need a goalscorer (cannot keep relying on ronaldo all the time).

Just hope the Huntelaar stories this morning are true, he's made more of an impact in six months at a poor Real Madrid side than Berbatov has.
Oh yer, I could also see signs of failing after the first 3 months of both Vidic and Evra, and look at them now - Can they get any better?

Patience is the key, you seem to forget that he didn't have a proper pre-season, broke through the team when the season had already kicked off. If that sounds simple for you, in reality it's not.
You think that we can throw away 30million for a similar player? I think not.
Dimitar Berbatov will be even stronger next season, when he has had a good pre-season with United over the Summer, and more time to adapt with the team.
It's so easy to make an impact with a poor side, when you shine just by doing the slightest thing and don't have the critics around you just like United players has. It's easier than having to break through United's squad with so much superstars. Apart from that, every player is an individual with different characteristics and if you're not ready to accept and respect that, then you'll fail to appreciate Berbatov at his best.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Oh yer, I could also see signs of failing after the first 3 months of both Vidic and Evra, and look at them now - Can they get any better?

Patience is the key, you seem to forget that he didn't have a proper pre-season, broke through the team when the season had already kicked off. If that sounds simple for you, in reality it's not.
You think that we can throw away 30million for a similar player? I think not.
Dimitar Berbatov will be even stronger next season, when he has had a good pre-season with United over the Summer, and more time to adapt with the team.
It's so easy to make an impact with a poor side, than having to break through United's squad with so much superstars. Apart from that, every player is an individual with different characteristics and if you're not ready to accept and respect that, then you'll fail to appreciate Berbatov at his best.
The difference is they both arrived mid season from different countires (Vidic had not played in 3 months due to the russian league finising in Oct 2005).

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
The difference is they both arrived mid season from different countires (Vidic had not played in 3 months due to the russian league finising in Oct 2005).
It's not an argument of what are the differences between Vidic/Evra and Berbatov.
All I am saying is that before you start looking for a new player, you have to see what we have to offer in our current squad. And Berbatov has loads of talent to drive United to success in the upcoming years.
And ffs, be patient. You think its easy to go up a level, or maybe even 2 and change your team from some Tottenham to a European calibre, Manchester United.

I'm saying nothing new by stating that a striker faces the toughest job, and when you look at everything you realize that they're actually the most players that get slated and criticized by the public, and also by the supposed called fans themselves. Berbatov faced a toughest job because he's not the type of player United usually go for. Most of us go for work rate, and rightly so. But that's not enough, unpredictable players such as Berbatov can be found to be very important for a style like ours.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
It's not an argument of what are the differences between Vidic/Evra and Berbatov.
All I am saying is that before you start looking for a new player, you have to see what we have to offer in our current squad. And Berbatov has loads of talent to drive United to success in the upcoming years.
And ffs, be patient. You think its easy to go up a level, or maybe even 2 and change your team from some Tottenham to a European calibre, Manchester United.

I'm saying nothing new by stating that a striker faces the toughest job, and when you look at everything you realize that they're actually the most players that get slated and criticized by the public, and also by the supposed called fans themselves. Berbatov faced a toughest job because he's not the type of player United usually go for. Most of us go for work rate, and rightly so. But that's not enough, unpredictable players such as Berbatov can be found to be very important for a style like ours.
Berbatov has talent but we are seeing very little of it, and a player of his potential should make the step up playing with better players.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Berbatov has talent but we are seeing very little of it, and a player of his potential should make the step up playing with better players.
I think we have seen enough to convince ourselves that this was a worth signing, and by having experience we shall know that he`ll reach his peak next season when he does the right things from the beginning.

7,375 Posts
berbatov had a poor season for us...when we needed him most he just did not offer any help!for 30 millions he has has a really poor season!i mean if we had bought him for 10 millions and benzema for 20 it would be better...every time i saw berba's performances on the pitch i said:patience is the key!he will become better!but for god's sake he is 28 going to 29!we can not afford sticking with him next season and hoping he will meet our expectations!we should sell him and buy a striker that is fast,born to score goals and at a young age(benzema,aguero) so if he has bad season we can afford to wait and see if he rises to united's expectations in years to come(considering that at a young age a player develops every year)!

ps i would also like us to keep tevez at a lower price(the guy has provided us match winning performances)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
RoxiiUtd;368959[B said:
]I think we have seen enough to convince ourselves that this was a worth signing, and by having experience we shall know that he`ll reach his peak next season when he does the right things from the beginning.[/[/B]QUOTE]

All i am hearing is next season, next season, next season!!!!! he may not even be here for a start. Don't think a full pre season is going to take the lazyness and stubborness out of his play.

·
Registered
93 Posts
What is this noise about Huntelaar?!!
He is a typical striker, a consumer that is his style of playing! Against Barcelona we hardly passed the center of the field and the attack was Park, Ronaldo and Rooney aren't they enough?!
And now where exactly fits here and Huntelaar with 3+1 typical strikers like Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Macheda?! When you claim something do you imagine how these things really work?!

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
This thread is ******* pathetic I hope you all die before you get to log on here again. Berbatov is one of the most gifted players on the planet. Lazy? **** you I've seen him track back as much as anyone. Stubborn? Left on the bench for the CL final and still came on and was probably our best player, where as Tevez whines like a baby even though he's played more than Rooney this season, he didnt even turn up to the end of season party and thats ******* pathetic.

Stubie, shut the **** up.

7,375 Posts
This thread is ******* pathetic I hope you all die before you get to log on here again. Berbatov is one of the most gifted players on the planet. Lazy? **** you I've seen him track back as much as anyone. Stubborn? Left on the bench for the CL final and still came on and was probably our best player, where as Tevez whines like a baby even though he's played more than Rooney this season, he didnt even turn up to the end of season party and thats ******* pathetic.

do you really think that berbatov is good enough for man united?"I hope you all die before you get to log on here again?????????"how old are you?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
do you really think that berbatov is good enough for man united?"I hope you all die before you get to log on here again?????????"how old are you?
tbh berba is good enough to play for if he wasn't he never would have been bought , even veron was good enough for us . but the thing about veron is he never adapted and couldn't show his class .

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·

you clearly have shit in ur eyes.

·
Registered
93 Posts
RoxiiUtd;368959[B said:
]I think we have seen enough to convince ourselves that this was a worth signing, and by having experience we shall know that he`ll reach his peak next season when he does the right things from the beginning.[/[/B]QUOTE]

All i am hearing is next season, next season, next season!!!!! he may not even be here for a start. Don't think a full pre season is going to take the lazyness and stubborness out of his play.
His laziness comes from the fact that he doesn't play at his usual position!
YouTube - Dimitar Berbatov Top 10 Goals
berbatov - the genius of football - top 5 goals
Do you find the difference when he's leading the attack?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Anyone with an ounce of footballing sense can see that Berbatov is a class player. He may not have had the best of seasons ever but he did well enough for his FIRST season at a new club. Just wait and see how he gets on next year after a good pre-season. He will be running the show.

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
you clearly have shit in ur eyes.
Who was our best player then? Wasn't Ronaldo, wasn't Rooney, certainly wasn't our midfield or defence? Patrice Evra had a decent game stopping attacks down our left but we still conceded two. Berba came on and INSTANTLY created a chance. You clearly have something personal against Berbatov.

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
Anyone with an ounce of footballing sense can see that Berbatov is a class player. He may not have had the best of seasons ever but he did well enough for his FIRST season at a new club. Just wait and see how he gets on next year after a good pre-season. He will be running the show.
Its not even that Jazz, he's had a good season. First half was sketchy because HEY GOD ******* DAMN HE JUST JOINED THE BEST CLUB IN THE WORLD but after that he's been nothing but quality. So many Tevez fan boys who rate stamina over skill.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Its not even that Jazz, he's had a good season. First half was sketchy because HEY GOD ******* DAMN HE JUST JOINED THE BEST CLUB IN THE WORLD but after that he's been nothing but quality. So many Tevez fan boys who rate stamina over skill.
I agree. I said it 'wasnt THE best' above but it was still a 7/10.
You know how I feel about him and I dont want to repeat myself again but I'm a huge fan.
Berba>Tevez. Its barely debatable.

·
Registered
177 Posts
a bit quick to be rubbishing berbatov, give the guy a chance ,and get yourself some sense.
I agree mate i cant understand why people are getting on Berbas back hes came from a team where he was the main superstar and now hes at United where there 6 or 7 players who can win a game plus we play a different style of football to them so he needs time to adjust.

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,914 Posts
there was nothing wrong with van nistelrooy from a goalscoring point a view, but the team's overall style from 2004-06 was flat. i just fear we may have gone back to those days instead of playing the fast flowing, goalscoring foorball that won us a double last season.
well, i think this is stupid, because we've won the prem, and the carling cup, not to mention the charity shield and the club world championship, but even if you STILL see this as a bad thing, how you can Blame it on ONE PLAYER is beneath me! especially one which has not had a pre season, not to mention a badly timed injury, and playing less mins than many of our other attacking options!

61 - 80 of 115 Posts