Manchester United Talk banner
81 - 100 of 115 Posts

·
Child of Bhaal
3,055 Posts
I cannot understand all the hating and moaning here either. We've had a very good season, even for our standards. Have been fighting and winning on all fronts. And if it weren't for some extravagant team selection in the Fa Cup, and a bit more luck in the CL, we would have won all five.
Berbatov had some very good games, others, not so much.. but hey, that's football.

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,914 Posts
I cannot understand all the hating and moaning here either. We've had a very good season, even for our standards. Have been fighting and winning on all fronts. And if it weren't for some extravagant team selection in the Fa Cup, and a bit more luck in the CL, we would have won all five.
Berbatov had some very good games, others, not so much.. but hey, that's football.
Yeah, i'm glad you share my views(page before this),

PS who is BerbaVeron, and who are you talking about when you say sell the guy?

·
Registered
469 Posts
What is all this about pre-season anyhow? Just how is it meant to magically make a player much better for the coming season, other than playing the Charity Shield? Have any of you ever even been to one of our pre-season games outside the UK? In Asia the games are played at a slow pace because its so humid, even in the evenings. The opposition is second and third rate. There are lots of substitutions, which is good as it gives most of our second tier players a chance. But how are these summer runarounds, designed to appease our Asian fans, supposed to magically turn Berbatov into a superforward? Explain please. It won't make much difference other than keeping the players fit.

The only game of any significance will be the Charity Shield, and only because its a grudge match.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
You can see the difference with Bberatov this season, last season we scored lots of goals with the Rooney & Tevez partnership, since Berbatov has been at United we really could only manage 1-0 wins and our goal difference at the end of this season was something like +44, unlike last season when we were about +56 or something, we never needed Berbatov, Tevez and Rooney were perfect, Berbatov has just been a waste of money, sell him and sign Benzema because Tevez is going, it's unfair for Tevez who will leave because he got replaced by a very poor performer in Berbatov.

7,375 Posts
17 and what the **** does that have to do with it? I sure as hell know alot more about football than you.
it has to do with the sentence:"I hope you all die before you get to log on here again" it shows a bit of....hmmmm..... immaturity let's say?"I sure as hell know alot more about football than you"what led you to that conclusion?the fact that you say that berbatov is class?so???if he doesn't play for us then i don't care if he has football qualities!

7,375 Posts
You can see the difference with Bberatov this season, last season we scored lots of goals with the Rooney & Tevez partnership, since Berbatov has been at United we really could only manage 1-0 wins and our goal difference at the end of this season was something like +44, unlike last season when we were about +56 or something, we never needed Berbatov, Tevez and Rooney were perfect, Berbatov has just been a waste of money, sell him and sign Benzema because Tevez is going, it's unfair for Tevez who will leave because he got replaced by a very poor performer in Berbatov.
:thumbsup: could not agree more with you!

7,375 Posts
Anyone with an ounce of footballing sense can see that Berbatov is a class player. He may not have had the best of seasons ever but he did well enough for his FIRST season at a new club. Just wait and see how he gets on next year after a good pre-season. He will be running the show.
just because berbatov has a good first touch it does not mean he is the most valuable member of our squad!!!

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
RoxiiUtd;368959[B said:
]I think we have seen enough to convince ourselves that this was a worth signing, and by having experience we shall know that he`ll reach his peak next season when he does the right things from the beginning.[/[/B]QUOTE]

All i am hearing is next season, next season, next season!!!!! he may not even be here for a start. Don't think a full pre season is going to take the lazyness and stubborness out of his play.
What are you on about?
We're talking about Berbatov mate. When have we heard ourselves saying next season, next season? You make it sound like he has been here for a bloody 4 years or so!

Go treat yourself mate.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
What are you on about?
We're talking about Berbatov mate. When have we heard ourselves saying next season, next season? You make it sound like he has been here for a bloody 4 years or so!

Go treat yourself mate.
Roxi loads of people in this thread have been saying Berbatov will perform next season (which I also believe), so the guy had every right to say that and knew full well he was talking about Berbatov so don't speak to him like he's an idiot.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Roxi loads of people in this thread have been saying Berbatov will perform next season (which I also believe), so the guy had every right to say that and knew full well he was talking about Berbatov so don't speak to him like he's an idiot.
Did i take that right away from him? No.
Its a valid reason when we say that Berbatov should perform next season,
he thinks he's lazy and stubborn which he definitly is not. He has got a style of his own, just because work rate isn't one of hios characteristics doesn't mean he's bloody lazy.

He makes himself an idiot, I don't make anyone look like one mate.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
There was an article in The Sunday Times this weekend comparing Berbatov to Veron and also said Fergie should take a leaf out of Benitez' book :fyou: and know when to cut his losses after making a mistake in the transfer market.

The writers argument was that while Berba is one of the most technically gifted players in the Premier League and offers United a plan B he just does not fit into our style of play - fast counter attacking football.

The writer also said we should not fork out for Tevez, buy Benzema and play Ronaldo up front so we'd have Rooney, Benzema, Ronaldo, Welbeck and Macheda as our strikers next season.

Personally, I think we should give Berba another season, when he's had a full pre-season training with the team (believe me - this can make all the difference), before we write off a £30m investment as a waste of money.

His goal and assist return was decent last season. Obviously we expect more from such an expensive player but when you spend that kind of money you are never going to get your return on the investment in just their first season.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I am firmly of the belief that Dimitar Berbatov will be hugely improve for next season. For starts, he won't be constantly feeling like a new guy so he will have more confidence to really assert his talents onto a game. Also, he has joined a team where we have a very complicated system that takes adapting to to see a lot of the ball, particularly as where he has been before the system has been set up to get the ball to him. I feel he will have adapted much better to this by next season. He has also been learning this season to play in a team where the opposition give you no space as their priority is defending. I feel he has got better as the season went on, isn't lazy, and having adapted to these factors, with a pre season under his belt with the squad, will be much better next season. He still won't be prolific in terms of goal scoring but his general impact on a match will be much better.

·
43,914 Posts
we've scored more goals than last year

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I agree with that !!

30 million for a striker you want more goals
how about giving the man 10 games on the trot in the team with the same strike partner ,might just form an understanding and guess what the team might learn a little bit more about him as well.
its very hard to cast judgement on him , fergie paid all that money and never used him very strange that

·
43,914 Posts
you are kidding right?in 2007-8 we scored 80 goals!this year we scored 68....
Well, it's on the goalscorers assits thread, we've scored more goals all together this season than last season.

PS I didn't think Berba would be a fox in the box type 30 goals + striker? some people did but i guess they're naive

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
I think fergie should just cut his losses at the end of the season and sell this guy. He is clearly not Manchester United standard. Good player but has just brought back the stale style we had with van nistelrooy. I personally fear we will not win the league this season (hope i am wrong). Fergie should have spent an extra 5-10 million or Benzema or Huntelaar. its not a knee jerk reaction but we never looked like scoring tonight. Bring back Rooney/Tevez partnership.
he's nowhere near van nistelrooy - not the same style ( of our team ) , not the same player etc etc

ruud was usually the first pick for our team and one of our most important players, and most of the time our play was mezmerizing back then

especially while becks was here ( remember the 4-3 win against real at ot - one of the best CL matches ever till that point - )... we were very attacking minded and ruud DID NOT slow us down...

when the problem with ruud occured ? when keane was starting to get injured and ultimatelly got sold, and we didn't have a proper central midfield - and it was the midfield problem -schoels was out too - we ultimatelkly ended up with playing giggs and sheasy there.. no one could give him the ball - then there was the immature ronaldo problem and you get the picture

like i said - ruud was one of our most important players and berbatov hasn't been important at all...when he's not in the team -no one notice it

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Well, it's on the goalscorers assits thread, we've scored more goals all together this season than last season.
PS I didn't think Berba would be a fox in the box type 30 goals + striker? some people did but i guess they're naive
true - but where he was our first pick we ended up underscoring ( EPL )

he wasn't the first pick in FA CUP, nor Carling Cup...and ultimatelly he's slipepd down the pecking order in the CL too

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
What is all this about pre-season anyhow? Just how is it meant to magically make a player much better for the coming season, other than playing the Charity Shield? Have any of you ever even been to one of our pre-season games outside the UK? In Asia the games are played at a slow pace because its so humid, even in the evenings. The opposition is second and third rate. There are lots of substitutions, which is good as it gives most of our second tier players a chance. But how are these summer runarounds, designed to appease our Asian fans, supposed to magically turn Berbatov into a superforward? Explain please. It won't make much difference other than keeping the players fit.

The only game of any significance will be the Charity Shield, and only because its a grudge match.
Because a full pre-season gets a player physicaly and mentally ready for a new season.

Who cares about the games in Asia. The games are their too get the players match fitness up so they can perform their best from day 1. Instead of having a month or two to settle to the match fitness, and it gets your season off to a bad point.

Charity Shield is a load of pish.

It won't make him into a superforward but it will just get him ready for the new seasonn.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
like i said before an extended run in the team with rooney is all he needs , with less resting or rotation whatever you want to call it

81 - 100 of 115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.