Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
The passion of the Turkish fans is unquestionable. I think it was Besiktas who played Liverpool in the Champions League last season and I was amazed at how their fans jumped up and down, swinging their scarves around there heads and singing practically throughout the entire game.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
reddwarf said:
The passion of the Turkish fans is unquestionable. I think it was Besiktas who played Liverpool in the Champions League last season and I was amazed at how their fans jumped up and down, swinging their scarves around there heads and singing practically throughout the entire game.
yeah agree just watch the home matches of Turkey
most of turkish teams have great atmosphere but Fener atmosphere is the best imo

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
The turkish fans are absolutely insane and when they jump on the terraces youfeel afraid the stadium might collpase.

Dortmund and also Schalke have great atmospheres too. Unfortunately Dortmund fans sometimes attempt to sing 'you'll never walk alone' which is a total turn-off.

The atmosphere in Germany and Turkey are the best in Europe. AC milan fans have pretty good co-ordination too...... when they win something.... :p Not great atmosphere, but good coordination,

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dortmund have great atmosphere but half the atmosphere is from the unseated side of the stadium :p

·
Registered
3,242 Posts

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Celtic generally have a good one for the CL games...Pompey when they're rocking
too.

As for European teams....ye the Turks are renowned for it in all fairness. The
Fenerbache - Chelski match last year wasa prime example of the
passion/crazziness that they posses. Argueably very dangerous but adds an
unbelievable atmosphere.

Isn't Fenerbache's stadium known for having a MASSIVE banner saying "HELL"
or "WELCOME TO HELL"? Thought I heard that somehwere...

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Keano! said:
Isn't Fenerbache's stadium known for having a MASSIVE banner saying "HELL" or "WELCOME TO HELL"? Thought I heard that somehwere...
It's Welcome to Hell.

I think you're right in saying it's Fenerbache but it could be Galatasaray - I'm not sure.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
reddwarf said:
It's Welcome to Hell.

I think you're right in saying it's Fenerbache but it could be Galatasaray - I'm not sure.
Galatasaray were welcoming Cantona & co with that when we lost in Istanbul.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome to Hell banner is for Galataray, this banner mean that they are louder than the Hell or something like that

Edit i was wrong i talked to Fenerbahce and Welcome to Hell is Galatasary banner

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Partizan FK vs. Red Star Belgrade.
Roma vs. Lazio.

The best atmospheres I've ever seen. But aside from those games, I'd have to say Fenerbahce has the best atmosphere on any given Saturday.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts