Manchester United Talk banner

Captain?

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What odds will anyone give me on every single Irishman voting Keane? :whistling:

I voted Cantona because he was just so inspirational and kick started the success we've enjoyed over the last 15 or so years.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
What odds will anyone give me on every single Irishman voting Keane? :whistling:

I voted Cantona because he was just so inspirational and kick started the success we've enjoyed over the last 15 or so years.
Nothing to do with being Irish.
Cantona was a God and a great captain but when he retired and Keane took over, he was immense and surpassed Cantona's achievements.

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Voted for the Great Dane, because of his atitude on the pitch, constanly shouting and pushing his team mates forward, and let's face it, who wouldn't be imtimidated by a 2 meter tall walking closet breathing down on you...? :D

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Beat you zuco! :D

I can understand people voting for Keane. Heck, I more than understand, he was the backbone of our team when he was at United. But for me, Cantona as captain makes sense. He has the aura, that presence where you want to be like him. You want to raise your game because you see what he's doing. Not sure if I'm making any sense at all, but that's how I see it.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Well, Cantona had more of an impact. Ask Giggs, Becks ect. Cantona really helped change the club.

Keane was the most succesful.

I'll go for Cantona as he really inspired the comeback of Manutd.

Though Robson was a better captain than both, as said by Fergie in an old United magazine ;)

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
voted for keano simplely because he was the rock in the midfield of the utd team, even though he missed the cl final in 99 it was his passion and goal that sparked the comeback , and yes im irish but thats not why i chose keano, cantona was a great player and captain but keano was captain fantastic...

1 - 20 of 68 Posts