Manchester United Talk banner

Best Ever Centre Half?

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Ferdinand and Stam...

Never had a chance to see Bruce or Pallister really...

Vidic hasn't been here much...

Hence I went for Rio, kthnx?

Oh - it's one. Stam then.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Touche.

I still prefer Stam, even though his time here had a controversial end. As a kid watching him, he just seemed ever-reliable. Ferdinand's a rock too, but I'm going for the Dutchman.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Gone for Bruce and Rio. Hardest choice I've ever made :eek:
In your entire life? :eek:

I still haven't voted. It's too hard to make the decision now.

Stam, Bruce, Stiles, Buchan, Foulkes, McGrath, Pally, Rio and Vidic were/are all World class centre halves.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Hardest one to chose by faaaaaaaar and away, the others basically decided themselves but this one could go either way, but I went for Rio Ferdinand & Steve Bruce.

It was between Bruce/Vidic and Stam for the 2nd spot for me, with the latters missing out.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok I've added one vote to Rio, but your name won't show up next to him. That means Rio has got more votes than names. But it's not a fix I swear :whistling:

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Am I the only one who remembers Pally to be better
than Bruce? Meh.
And Rio is better than Pally.

You should know when chosing the best defensive partnership the two players have to complement each other (like Bruce/Pally did, and as Rio/Vida do now). My reason for chosing Bruce.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Am I the only one who remembers Pally to be better
than Bruce? Meh.
It's hard to say who is better cos they were such different players, a bit like Rio and Vidic now.
People remember Bruce the captain, the warrior and what he did for us on the pitch.
Pallister was much like Buchan and Rio. They made defending look easy and effortless.
Pallister edges it for me, and his international caps tally to Bruce's also tells it's own story.
Although the fact Bruce was never capped was an outrage.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts