Manchester United Talk banner

Left Back?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
Evra for me, i know he hasnt been here too long, but i feel hes one of the top defenders in the world...

Surprised Phil Neville isn't there, though i guess hes more versatile so any position could be his...

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
voted irwin, because he was a solid 8/10 every game. ever dependable, always solid, could take a mean free-kick too.
evra is on the right track, if we forget his last few games. he is still the best left back in the world in my humble opinion and a few years in the same vein will give him a much better shout for this position.

although i never saw roger byrne live, and have not really seen to much video recording of him, i get the feeling from what my grandad says, he would be right up there with the best. the united captain at his death in munich, and capped numerous times for england. he can be added to a long list of united greats that i wish i had seen play live.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
In the last one I voted Evra, but after doing a lot of thinking since then I've decided I was wrong to leave Irwin out!

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
haha you tool
i know i was like shiiiiit man :p ill never be accepted in the irish club on here again now :( haha!

nah but tbf Evra i think if he keeps up his level of performances from the past 3 seasons for say maybe another 2 or 3 will be held in the same regard as Irwin or maybe even higher! Irwin never had a bad game while Evra has had a few stinkers(happens everyone i know) but Irwin was more solid so gets my vote he also had a sweet free kick and penalty too

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
How can you not pick Denny? He was a class act. Fergie describes him as the bargin of the century and he chose him for the left back spot for the PL all time greatest team.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Atm, you've got to go for Irwin. But if Evra keeps it up for another 4 or so years, then he could become no 1.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Balls. I wrote a monster post in this thread the last time and I cba now.....

Irwin for me. Got an 8/10 in EVERY game he played. So consistent and reliable.

Shout out to Dunne, Carey and Byrne who had fantastic careers with United. They are certainly worth reading about (links provided in first post) for those that haven't heard much about them.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
in my time supporting utd from the mid 70's dennis irwin has easily been the greatest left back that has played for utd and it would take a world beater to be chosen ahead of him.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Given a few more years with the form we all know Evra has, its not a surprise if he can overtake Irwin. For now as it is, evra still have if not a long way just a couple of things to improve including his defending skill as i had always prefer his going forward, i think he should do as good as in defending as in going forward since he is a defender first and foremost. Until then im going for Irwin. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts