Manchester United Talk banner

Right Back?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
The fact that Gary Neville was England's premier right back for about a decade says it all for me.

Not to mention, he hates scousers.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has to be Neville.

Brennan was apparently a great talent mind.
What do you know about Viv Anderson Ste? He didn't make that many appearances for us so I was in two minds whether to put him on the list or not.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
What do you know about Viv Anderson Ste? He didn't make that many appearances for us so I was in two minds whether to put him on the list or not.
you needn't have included him on that list.

i saw him and saw him for forest many years earlier..... we didnt get the player forest once had.

good ambassador for the game though

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Had to be Neville for me, Mr Manchester United. Paul Parker was a very good player too, but Neville just lives, eats, and breaths Manchester United.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i understand that gary neville has achieved much more at utd than parker , but for sheer class and talent i will side with paul parker being the best that i have seen at utd.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
I think this is one of the positions that cannot really be disputed. Along with Schmeichel, Gary is a must have in any of our great back 4's

·
Registered
68 Posts
shay brennan all the way, people shouldnt be voting for neville based on the fact that they are young and have only seen him play

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
shay brennan all the way, people shouldnt be voting for neville based on the fact that they are young and have only seen him play
I disagree. People shouldn't be voting for people they've never seen.
I voted for Parker as I remember him to be better than Gary Neville
who I've never really rated.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I did seriously consider voting for Paul Parker for this, but after considering the fact that Gary Neville has basically devoted his life up to this point to the club, been a top right back for us and England, captained the team through one of our most successful periods, and had a legendary partnership with David Beckham who I intend to vote for in the right midfield position, it had to be Neville all the way for me.

Was a similar situation with Irwin and Evra.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well whats the point in a poll if the majority are going to vote for the same person anyway
I'm building a team of 11 players and there will be a poll for each position.

As you will see from the votes, not everybody has voted for the same person anyway.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
All this talk about "not seen them, they don't count" is the biggest load of ***** ever.

When Edwards comes around to vote for, I'll be going for him. Never saw him play, but I've heard/seen/read and saw the way Charlton etc talk of him that he must have been that good.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Had his better years at Arsenal and Forest, but worth putting him in for a variety of options.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts