Manchester United Talk banner

Best Ever United Strikers?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Law - United highest ever goalscorer behind Charlton.
Cantona - such a special player. How can you not chose him?!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
first 2 on the list for me.
Law was part of the Holy Trinity and scored a ridiculous amount of goals for United.
Still holds the record for most in a season in 1964. He got 46 if Im not mistaken.

Cantona also gets my vote. One of the most inspirational players to ever play at OT.
His songs still gets sung and he is one of our biggest legends. My 2nd favourite player EVER.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
my votes go to the great talisman cantona has any player ever made such a difference to utd and van nistelrooy quite simply the best finisher i have seen at utd.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
first 2 on the list for me.
Law was part of the Holy Trinity and scored a ridiculous amount of goals for United.
Still holds the record for most in a season in 1964. He got 46 if Im not mistaken.

Cantona also gets my vote. One of the most inspirational players to ever play at OT.
His songs still gets sung and he is one of our biggest legends. My 2nd favourite player EVER.
copy cat

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
This is effin hard ..
One thing is for sure, as much as i love Rooney - I have to work this with my mind. I have to think about it.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Had to be Law and Cantona for me.

The only two men nicknamed the King of Old Trafford.

Cantona, was just beyond words, and law, pretty much the perfect goal scorer. I think they would have made an unbelievable partnership.

Van Nistelrooy was unclucky to miss out, as was the Cole-Yorke partnership. Solskjaer wwas also considered for his devotion to the club, and the European Cup Final goal among other qualities.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is effin hard ..
One thing is for sure, as much as i love Rooney - I have to work this with my mind. I have to think about it.
You shouldn't even be close to picking Rooney lol. He's not done half the things some of these legends have.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
You shouldn't even be close to picking Rooney lol. He's not done half the things some of these legends have.
but he has scored more goals than 3 of them :D
but you are essentially right though. rooney is still young, but Id half expect him to go down as one of the greats if he spends his career at OT relatively injury free.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Cantona and Viollet

Havent seen Viollet playing live obviously, but from archival videos, his class was really evident. Great goal machine, and what tremendous pace

And Cantona well.... for obvious reasons :thumbsup:

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
My first choice was Denis Law. I don't think I really need to explain why.

My second choice is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. I just couldn't bring myself to leave him out.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
but he has scored more goals than 3 of them :D
but you are essentially right though. rooney is still young, but Id half expect him to go down as one of the greats if he spends his career at OT relatively injury free.
True, but some of the names are only in the poll for an honourable mention, nobody will vote for them :p

I would hope that that's the case with Rooney. Quality player but nowhere near some of the others....yet.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
I would have easily done that if i thought he`s done a better job. But the fact that the majority of them are legends, and Rooney has still a long way to go considering he`s only 24 .. He won`t be get close to that for now, no.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
I REALLY REALLY want to pick Ole, but i just can't decide because it means i'll have to leave out two of these three i also think should be up there (RVN, Law, Cantona).

Hmm I'll come back to this.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts