Manchester United Talk banner

Best Ever United Strikers?

21 - 40 of 129 Posts

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
Law and Cantona for me. Even though I havent saw Law play and havent saw much of Cantona's games I have seen enough quality in the clips to show me that they were the best

Very interesting. Everyone has got a vote. This was the hardest to pick

EDIT: Just realised Lucky7 voted for everyone

G

·
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I'm not editing the poll so Lucky's votes will stay. Voting for everyone is just like not voting at all though, it makes no difference.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Im going for Solskjaer and Ruud.

Solskjaer is my favourite player EVER and was a great striker.
Ruuds goalscoring record speaks for itself so he has to be there.
Cantona JUST missed out.

If i grew up watching Law play i reckon he'd be in there.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Had to be Cantona and Law for me...

I grew up watching RVN bang in goal after goal, but I lost a great seal of respect for him after he stormed out before the Charlton game, when he found out he hadn't been picked. He may have banged in 44 goals in one season, he may have been one of the greatest poachers the game had ever seen, but he wasn't bigger than the club and luckily Fergie showed him no favours, just like he did he did with Beckham and Stam. No doubt the man achieved loads with us and single handedly one us the league on more than one occasson, but still he had no reason to act the way he did. Still hold a lot of respect for the horseface man, but that act of self-richousness really pis$ed me off.

In comparison to him, King Eric was the legend, that the United faithful craved in order to win titles. His charisma and skill endeered him to all fans and even though I wasn't old enough to have seen him live, I have seen enough of videos on him to know what he was about. Goals, silky skills and leadership. Who will ever forget that cup final goal vs Liverpool, where he arrowed it in between keeper and defender to send the crowd in to raptures. One word : LEGEND.

Denis Law: The original KING. And rightly so, most goals in 1 season, even more than the 44 Rvn managed to score. He was a massive gamble when, Sir Matt brought him from Italy, but he really showed his remarkable goal poaching insticts during his reign at OT. However, he was unfortunate not to play in the 68 final and that must have been the biggest regret of his life.

Also, huge mention to Ole: 2oLegend. Probably the greatest legend of modern times in the eyes of the Stretford End. With his winning goal vs Bayern and also against the Dippers in the semi of the cup that season too. Also a gentleman off the pitch too. What a guy, but my vote had to go to Law and Cantona.

·
Gary Neville's love child
4,035 Posts
Cantona and Ole for me, was so hard... Cole and Yorke and Ruud were all hard to leave out and had it not been for my personal rule of only voting for players i have seen Law would've been there.
Tommy Taylor and Dennis Viollet's goal rates were unreal! So again hard to leave out... god centre mid was hard to pick but this is even harder!

Picking Cantona is obvious, but Ole for me because, temperament and talent, he lived the dream, one of the greatest natural finishers (cept Ruud but i feel Ole had more to his game) the game has ever seen.

21 - 40 of 129 Posts