Manchester United Talk banner

Best Ever United Strikers?

81 - 100 of 129 Posts

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
In the first half Porto tore us apart and totally raped us up every hole imaginable. They should have been 4-0 up by the time we equalised.

How do you know that Portugal wasn't a strong league back then anyway?
Don't know about the league, comparing to others, back in the late 30s, early 40s. I DO know that if the European Champions Cup had started 10 years before, we'd have a few ourselves, but enough :eek:fftopic2:

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
No everybody here speaks their mind, its the point of a discussion forum. You are just the ones who talk to the other members with complete disrespect.
Yet I saw what's on my mind. If I think some member is a ****, or acting like a nob, I'll say it to them. Just because I say mine with a bit of force doesn't mean I mean to be disrespectful/whatever.

In the first half Porto tore us apart and totally raped us up every hole imaginable. They should have been 4-0 up by the time we equalised.

How do you know that Portugal wasn't a strong league back then anyway?
I never said it wasn't a strong league whenever. i'm talking about now.

Well, next time you don't want to be disrespectful, in this case, to our league - which I agree is well bellow in terms of quality - stupid sub-standard... ;)

Peejay gave a nice reply, with humour in it, as I intended my little pintch to be... After all, we have so little to be proud of, but our glorious past is one trully of legends. In this fella's case, he was approached by a multitude of clubs, but he always refused to to leave. He even refused to join porto before he had a formal contract with Sporting, because he'd given his word.

Football is an amazing game nowadays, fast, exciting, but I would have loved to have lived in an era where a man's word was trully a bond.

Anyways, carry on!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Yet I saw what's on my mind. If I think some member is a ****, or acting like a nob, I'll say it to them. Just because I say mine with a bit of force doesn't mean I mean to be disrespectful/whatever.

I never said it wasn't a strong league whenever. i'm talking about now.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back then, I honestly don't know, european wise. I'd imagine Sporting at least had quite the reputation, since we got invited to 1st edition of the European Champions Cup in a season in which we didn't win the league. That in itself means a lot.

As for now, we're not really a league... There's porto. Then there's Sporting and sometimes benfica trying to catch up AND stay ahead of a few others which are very good, for their budgets, but still small in comparison, namely Braga and Guimarães.

Anyways, no blood, no report. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts

·
A curry and a crate of wifebeater please!!
25,242 Posts
wayne rooney 12 vote what a joke thread :rofl:

glad i missed this thread
Rooney is a talisman and Icon of our team but he has a long way to go before he'll be considered one of our greatest, he will be eventually but he has a lot of work to do first

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
Rooney is a talisman and Icon of our team but he has a long way to go before he'll be considered one of our greatest, he will be eventually but he has a lot of work to do first
he is from our top strikers but 12 vote ?/??

while dennis viollet just 2 votes and cole with 4???

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
he is from our top strikers but 12 vote ?/??

while dennis viollet just 2 votes and cole with 4???
I'd take a wild guess not many people have seen Dennis Viollet playing whereas everyone has seen Rooney playing.

I dont think he's anywhere near our top ever Striker but folk will vote for who they have seen playing for United.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
I'd take a wild guess not many people have seen Dennis Viollet playing whereas everyone has seen Rooney playing.

I dont think he's anywhere near our top ever Striker but folk will vote for who they have seen playing for United.
yeah true but not many have seen law playing and he got some votes :blink: (who imo from our greatest top 3 strikers)

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
yeah true but not many have seen law playing and he got some votes :blink: (who imo from our greatest top 3 strikers)
I'm sure there is atleast 24 people who have seen Dennis Law playing. There is a statue of the man outside the stadium, everyone knows who he is and what he achieved in football.

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
The amount of votes for Ruud is ridiculous. He was good and scored a fantastic amount but he was the focal point of the team and had everyone looking for him to pass to.

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,914 Posts
The amount of votes for Ruud is ridiculous. He was good and scored a fantastic amount but he was the focal point of the team and had everyone looking for him to pass to.
true but does that make Ronaldo's 42 goals less significant? regardless of how we played as a team he was individually a clinical striker and is a true great, not the greatest though, in fact if it was about them overall I would probably even choose Cantona over him unless you meant goalscoring wise, though the likes of Law are the true greatest ones really, though I can't comment as much about those and Solskjaer's a cult hero too! No need for an explanation why there!

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
In all honestly I think it's an insult to Law having RVN ahead of him in the greatest team.

No matter how you compare them, Law takes it.

Won more. Scored more* and stayed for longer.

*Law scored on average every 1.8 games for us, RVN scored every 1.6 games so thats close too.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Who cares?

RVN was one of our best strikers. Why can't people vote for him? :confused: Got nothing to do if he was the focal point or anything :confused:

81 - 100 of 129 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.