Manchester United Talk banner

Best Ever United Winger?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
besty and giggsy its very hard not to pick them in all honesty and another thing WHOEVER says they can't vote for besty because they never saw him play must be wacko because he is probably the greatest footballer ever to grace the game in most peoples opinions FACT.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Giggs and Best.

Giggs, model pro, easily the greatest winger to grace the Premier League.

Best, legend, hero. Part of the rebuilding process post-Munich which saw us get our 1st European Cup. One of the most skillful players ever

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Giggs and Best for me.

Giggs for his unbelievable achievements in the game and the dedication he has shown to United.

Best for his incredible skill on the ball and for being part of the Holy Trinity of Best, Charlton & Law. I love watching clips of him getting hacked at by defenders but he just makes them look like mugs by staying on his feet and dribbling around them. Take note Ronaldo.

Speaking of Ronaldo, last season he added his name to the list of greatest contributions ever made by a United player during a season but he'd have to stay with the club for a few years more yet before I would rank him as highly as Giggs and Best.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Beckham and Best for me. People forget just how good Becks was and just how much he loves this club.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Beckham and Best for me. People forget just how good Becks was and just how much he loves this club.
I'm a big fan of Beckham. I think he's vastly underrated by many England fans who seem to think his only good game for his country was Greece in 2001. The number of goals he's created or scored in his career for club and country from set pieces, pin point passes or crosses his phenomenal. His passing is World class and he loves playing football. A great ambassador for the game.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I'm a big fan of Beckham. I think he's vastly underrated by many England fans who seem to think his only good game for his country was Greece in 2001. The number of goals he's created or scored in his career for club and country from set pieces, pin point passes or crosses his phenomenal. His passing is World class and he loves playing football. A great ambassador for the game.
Yeah and its not only that. Its his work rate, inventiveness, movement the lot. Not to mention the most accurate right foot of a generation maybe even ever. Reall genuinely good man and good professional too, shame it ended the way it did.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
My goodness, seeing the list like that only remind me of how blessed we are with great players! :thumbsup:

Absolutely difficult to choose really..

Norman Whiteside..heard what a great player he was, a genius and someone who rarely give up possession. According to a friend who have seen him play, he is the next best thing after George Best, well atleast thats how close he is.

Albert Scalon - to be part of the busby babes era says everything and as we know, that team rite then is the greatest what more he managed to get in the team ahead of another winger David Pegg.

David Beckham - Doesnt need introduction but what i like about him the most is his freekicks and his crossing. Second to none!

George Best - "Maradona good; Pelé better; George Best! Nuff said!

Lee Sharpe - even thou he is not my fav player...but i think during his time, he did decently well as a winger. Quick player & a bit underated to me.

Andrei Kanchelskis - Kanchelskis!!!! Scored a good amount of goals himself. An out and out winger.Who can forget that 5-1 win againt man city in 94!

Cristiano Ronaldo - The only winger we have who achieved more individual award than the rest or perhaps someone who come close to Best and i actually saw him play. To judge him based on one superb season is basically not enough for me unless if we can see more of him doing if not more the same then maybe i might have chosen him. Shame we can only make two choices or he would have been my third choice.

Ryan Giggs - the faithful servant..has been running down the wing for so long that the wing is as good as used to his tempo until only now. The pace, the smart thinking, the skill..how is he not the best after George Best? :whistling:

Like i said, with the kind of football we play where wingers play an important role, we are blessed with players that can make it happen. For now, im going with Giggsy and BEst just because of the above reason. :whistling:

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Beckham and Giggs.

I didn't pick Ronaldo because he's had two amazing seasons but
nothing else.

I didn't pick George Best because not only did I never see him play
but I was born over 10 years after he retired and am not in the position
to judge.

By the way, shouldn't we have a poll for left winger and right winger?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
United really have had some of THE great wingers... tough one but went with Giggs and Best, how could I put Ronaldo ahead of Giggs? Best walks into any all time 11!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
No hesitation in selecting Giggs. It's certainly a hard choice for the other winger, but I'm gonna go for Best.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Pele-good Maradonna-better Best-best says it all really! there really couldn't be be a more appropriate name for one of not only Manchester United's greatest ever player but the world's i really believe if he was born in a stronger footballing country he would have been more recognized though out the world!People will bring his social life into this but so what? on the pitch he was simply amazing and i wish that i could have been alive to see him play or to see him in the modren game now as if he was i think he wouldn't have fallen into the terrible things that affected him and he would have been looked after by sir alex!

Giggs to i even have to write something here! hes been playing before i was even born and hes still going strong and he has made center midfield role his and hes ran the show in there for us on numerous occasions this season!people say that cant imagine Unite without Sir Alex well for me its the same with Giggsy! hes the model professional as well as been the model player!will be a sad sad day when he cant don the red jersey anymore!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have avoided Ronaldo and Best, as I believe they were more than just wingers and that
description does'nt do them justice..... Thought Gordon Hill might have had a case,
and, forgive me if I am mistaken - Whiteside, winger ???? :police:

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Pele-good Maradonna-better Best-best says it all really! there really couldn't be be a more appropriate name for one of not only Manchester United's greatest ever player but the world's i really believe if he was born in a stronger footballing country he would have been more recognized though out the world!People will bring his social life into this but so what? on the pitch he was simply amazing and i wish that i could have been alive to see him play or to see him in the modren game now as if he was i think he wouldn't have fallen into the terrible things that affected him and he would have been looked after by sir alex!

Giggs to i even have to write something here! hes been playing before i was even born and hes still going strong and he has made center midfield role his and hes ran the show in there for us on numerous occasions this season!people say that cant imagine Unite without Sir Alex well for me its the same with Giggsy! hes the model professional as well as been the model player!will be a sad sad day when he cant don the red jersey anymore!
Great post.
I have also gone for Best and Giggs for the reasons you mention.

I have avoided Ronaldo and Best, as I believe they were more than just wingers and that
description does'nt do them justice..... Thought Gordon Hill might have had a case,
and, forgive me if I am mistaken - Whiteside, winger ???? :police:
He started out there but once his dodgy knees kept going and slowed him down he played more centrally.
Fanastic player was Big Norm.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts