Manchester United Talk banner

Best Ever United Winger?

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
I hate this bull about "i've never seen George Best play", the man was the most gifted player to don that jersey and I'm honestly embarrassed for any United fan that didn't vote for him.

Georgie Best is one of the finest players EVER, not only United but EVER to play the game, shame on some people here.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
By the way, shouldn't we have a poll for left winger and right winger?
We discussed it but decided that there was no point. Most United wingers have played on both wings at some point in their career.

We all know Ronaldo can play on either wing. Best, Sharpe and Kanchelskis could too. Giggs started on the right for the 1999 Champions League Final.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
has to be giggsy and best.......people took some of ryans stuff for granted for a while- the man was a wonder and a genius that ronaldo can still only dream of becoming.

and besty- whats is there to say that hasn't already been said- a flawed genius yes, but united were lucky to get the very very best of what he had to offer and that elevated him above almost everyone in the world who has ever played the game

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
I went for Best and Ronaldo.

It was difficult not to vote for Giggsy, but Ronaldo is the most naturally gifted player I have ever seen so Ihad to give him the nod really.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
Probably Norman Whiteside if he didn't get injured lots at his ages

my votes goes to Giggsy Kancky and Best

G

·
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Probably Norman Whiteside if he didn't get injured lots at his ages

my votes goes to Giggsy Kancky and Best
I said vote for two people. I made it perfectly clear in the first post!

Pick two players and I'll edit your votes.

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,914 Posts
Giggs and Best

Ronaldo is no legend yet and Becks was sold too early - he was a very close 3rd

but my two are Giggs and Best

·
Registered
19 Posts
I picked Ronaldo and Giggs.
I am only young and haven't seen Best play so I couldn't choose him.
For Ronaldo, the amountof goals and assists he has got for United since he has been here is brilliant!
And Giggs, well he is a United legend!

·
Registered
11 Posts
To be serious, Giggs is a fantastic player and certainly one of United's 10 best ever, but Best is in the conversation to be one of the 10 best players ever in all football and one of the 3 best from United along with Edwards and Charlton.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts