Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is, the team you all voted for over the last few weeks.

The graphic is a bit crap but it's the best you're getting :p

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Here it is, the team you all voted for over the last few weeks.

The graphic is a bit crap but it's the best you're getting :p

we could do with that team today :p
that's an amazing team TBF if you went to every club in the world and did the same thing i think we would give any team a game:thumbsup:

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
What a team that would be. We really have had some great players down the years. The one area we have maybe not been graced with world beating players, with all respect to Irwin and Neville, who were consistantly good players and great servants to the club, is the full back area. However with Rafael and Fabio coming through I think that might be about to change.

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Great team, but I wonder if a 4-3-3 wouldn't be more powerful...

Giggs in the middle behind the strikers, and Ronaldo on the left/right instead of Charlton.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Great team, but I wonder if a 4-3-3 wouldn't be more powerful...

Giggs in the middle behind the strikers, and Ronaldo on the left/right instead of Charlton.

Thoughts?
Ronaldo didnt make the team.
And Charlton played 3 seasons on the left wing.
but anyway United play a 4-4-2.
Keane is captain.

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Ronaldo didnt make the team.
And Charlton played 3 seasons on the left wing.
but anyway United play a 4-4-2.
Keane is captain.
Those are not my points, Jazz.
I'm not discussing tactics, or the votes, or who played where. I'm simply asking what people think about a 4-3-3 side like I mentioned. Or maybe with Charlton and Best in the wings, keeping the same players. I didn't mention it because I didn't know Charlton had played as a winger too...

I prefer 4-3-3, since it promotes faster gameplay and pushes opposing defenses to move around more, as there's lot more people in dangerous positions to cover.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I'm not discussing tactics, or the votes, or who played where. I'm simply asking.......
I know, sorry, but Im watching the game and cant think:D

Even though Cantona had the armband while they were both playing. :whistling:
and? Keane was the most successful captain.
He was still young when Eric was there.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
I'm not discussing tactics, or the votes, or who played where. I'm simply asking what people think about a 4-3-3 side like I mentioned. Or maybe with Charlton and Best in the wings, keeping the same players. I didn't mention it because I didn't know Charlton had played as a winger too...

I prefer 4-3-3, since it promotes faster gameplay and pushes opposing defenses to move around more, as there's lot more people in dangerous positions to cover.
Probably because the United way is 4-4-2 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I loves it..!!!:D
What a team, full of world-beaters..!
Shame we can't see some of those footballers play today..:cool:

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
How the feck can Law, one of the best players ever, be behind RVN?

Jesus christ....

The rest, bar Keane over Robson(Irish bias ;)), I agree with.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
How the feck can Law, one of the best players ever, be behind RVN?

Jesus christ....

The rest, bar Keane over Robson(Irish bias ;)), I agree with.
Whats with all this Irish bias crap? :confused:
Go back and check the results of that thread. The Irish vote didnt make the difference.
Keane was better, full stop.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Whats with all this Irish bias crap? :confused:
Go back and check the results of that thread. The Irish vote didnt make the difference.
Keane was better, full stop.
I'm only kiddin mate ;)

But Keane wasn't 'better full stop'. Its a matter of opinion. Paddy Crerrand in Malta asked the audience of about 100 people who was better and it was around 60-40 in favour of Robson. Paddy himself said he thought Robson was better.

Whenever Fergie talks about his greatest players Robson is always the first name he mentions.

He never had a Scholes next to him, or the best winger in world football to his left, a strike partnership that was trully world class infront of him or the best crosser in the world to his furthest right.

Keane was a great player in a trully world class team. Robson was a great player who, for the most part, wasn't in a world class team.

It wasn't Robson's fault that he never had the success that Keane did.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts