Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't know what it is but I have always had a liking for Stamford Bridge for some reason. I hate myself for this but its small but a pretty nice stadium. The fans seem really close to the action especially behind the goal.

However, there is only one winner. Old Trafford on European nights is simply the best. 76,000 capacity, the biggest in England and one of the most daunting places for a team to come to.

Old Trafford wins hands down.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
The Olympic stadium in Berlin is pretty cool (where the World Cup Final was held) I was in it last year, Munich's Allianz Arena is pretty cool too

Croke Park is a fine stadium,

There's one in Portugal built on the side of a mountain which is quite unique, not sure who plays there..

The new stadium in Beijing is pretty cool too,

·
Registered
934 Posts
Favourite Stadiums

Beisdes our own Old Trafford, what are your favourite 3 stadiums?
- They can be from anywhere around the world.
- Football isn't the only sport that has to be played there.
(Thats why I posted it in here)
- Post a link or maybe a pic if you like

I dislike the circular stadiums like the Emirates etc, I prefer the square stadiums.

My fav 3:

1. Craven Cottage - Old stadium, great atmosphere and has a great look to it.
http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/europe/united_kingdom/england/london/london_craven.shtml

2. ANZ Stadium, Sydney - Love this stadium, atch all different sports in here. Great atmosphere with 85000 capacity. I witnessed one of my fav football moments here, when Australia qualified for the 2006 World Cup.
http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/oceania/australia/new_south_wales/sydney_telstra.shtml

3. Stadion Wojska Polskiego - A stadium in the heart of the Polish capital. The home of my fav Polish club Legia and is close to where my dad grew up. I don't why but I really like this stadium.
http://www.stadiumguide.com/wojska.htm

·
Registered
310 Posts
Number 1 - Croke Park in Dublin. 83000 capacity and its a stadium for an amateur
organisation in the GAA. Is at the moment hosting Irelands Rugby and Soccer as
well.

Number 2 - Camp Nou in Barcelona. An amazing stadium but its my second
favourite stadium mainly due to the memories of '99 there. Probably the best
night ever.

Number 3 - St. Andrews in Birmingham. The first time i ever seen United play live
was here in a pre season friendly years ago so i've fond memories. Its a nice little
stadium and has a good atmosphere as well so it gets my vote.

·
Registered
286 Posts
1. Camp Nou - I have been lucky enough to see a match there and the atmosphere is fantastic.

2. St. James Park - The atmosphere can be great, if the team is doing well, but usually it's not.

3. San Siro - If it wasnt in Italy it would probably be number 1. But sadly Italian fans just arn't as passionate. Still a great stadium though.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts