Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have watched football for over 15 years now, watched all the top leagues in Europe. No one has ever had as good a season as Ronaldo. For him to get 22 goals last season was remarkable. He has almost doubled that this season and there is no word to describe that achievement.

I've never seen a player had as good a season. Top scorer in the Premier League by quite a bit. Top scorer in the Champions League. He was the main reason we won both competitions.

He scored against every team he played against apart from Barcelona and Man City. AND HE IS A WINGER.

Anyone think a player has had a better individual season?

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Arsenals defence was pretty good when they went unbeaten that is the only similarity i can compare it to. I wouldn't know who to draw out of the arsenal defence though as being the main man like Ronaldo is for us.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Well, I haven't been watching football for that long, maybe 10 years, although I wasn't as interested in it back then as I am now (mainly because I was VERY young then)

But I would agree that, from what I've seen in my short time, hes been a revelation and fully deserves the credit thrown his way.

All those goals for a wide player is Out of this World and I think he'll stay.

Though the amount of pressure he'll be under next season (from the media etc) will be astronomical.

Imo, he'll never repeat this season again.

Though I would LOVE to admit I was wrong :p

Z

·
0 Posts
scott 4 evra said:
He scored against every team he played against apart from Barcelona and Man City.
...and Middlesbrough. I agree though he's
had a phenomenal season and I don't think anybody
can ever beat it, not even him.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
-zuco- said:
...and Middlesbrough. I agree though he's
had a phenomenal season and I don't think anybody
can ever beat it, not even him.
Scored the 1st goal in the Riverside mate. There's been that many it is easy to forget.

Z

·
0 Posts
scott 4 evra said:
Scored the 1st goal in the Riverside mate. There's been that many it is easy to forget.
Right you are. It's mad that the only premiership
team he didn't score against was Ciddeh and he
was even suspended for the first game.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
-zuco- said:
Right you are. It's mad that the only premiership
team he didn't score against was Ciddeh and he
was even suspended for the first game.
Ye and he was a penalty away from scoring v Barca, truly remarkable.

·
Banned
31 Posts
Class player but for me messi is the best player in the world ronaldo a close secong though

you have a truely great player in ronaldo but for me messi is the best player in the world by some distance asmuch to your obvious disagreement

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
fernando torres said:
Class player but for me messi is the best player in the world ronaldo a close secong though

you have a truely great player in ronaldo but for me messi is the best player in the world by some distance asmuch to your obvious disagreement
As you said and I quote:

"but for me Messi is the best player in the world"...

you have your opinion but I think we should wait for the
voting and see who wins World Player of the Year and
European Player of The Year ... we'll see if the voters
agree with you ... ;)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
messi is fantastic . but he has nothing on ronaldo when its headers or spot kicks!
I can recall van nistelrooy having great numbers ,but ronaldo is a winger and this year was the best play overall in the world.

·
Banned
31 Posts
yes he was the best player this year, and also its obvious hes got world player of the year after this wonderful season but still doesnt make him better than messi in my eyes not by any margin

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
fernando torres said:
yes he was the best player this year, and also its obvious hes got world player of the year after this wonderful season but still doesnt make him better than messi in my eyes not by any margin
So he gets voted the best !! But he isn't ?

Hmmmmm ...

Very odd ... :D

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
well then.

fernando torres said:
F.T. tactically in your eyes what does messi have in playing ability that ronaldo needs to work on? ? ? please explain to me , ive been around awhile? :confused:

·
Banned
31 Posts
Yes witcxh he is but i think messi is a better footballer, and i have admitted time and time agin ronaldo has been playing the best football for months if not a whole year but in my eyes hes not the best around it is no way a bitter comment

Better in tight situations more skill can actualy beat a man instead of doing step overs 20 yards infront of him obvious your going to disagree and the more i go on the more am going to sound bitter to you two haha

1 - 20 of 29 Posts