Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have watched football for over 15 years now, watched all the top leagues in Europe. No one has ever had as good a season as Ronaldo. For him to get 22 goals last season was remarkable. He has almost doubled that this season and there is no word to describe that achievement.

I've never seen a player had as good a season. Top scorer in the Premier League by quite a bit. Top scorer in the Champions League. He was the main reason we won both competitions.

He scored against every team he played against apart from Barcelona and Man City. AND HE IS A WINGER.

Anyone think a player has had a better individual season?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
-zuco- said:
...and Middlesbrough. I agree though he's
had a phenomenal season and I don't think anybody
can ever beat it, not even him.
Scored the 1st goal in the Riverside mate. There's been that many it is easy to forget.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
-zuco- said:
Right you are. It's mad that the only premiership
team he didn't score against was Ciddeh and he
was even suspended for the first game.
Ye and he was a penalty away from scoring v Barca, truly remarkable.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
dlan4327 said:
I know that I've been pretty stingy with praise for Ronnie so I'll make it up by saying it's easy to forget how brilliant his achievement is.

He's made it all seem so easy that you don't really notice how ludicrously exceptional his season was until you compare him to others.

Ronaldo ended up with 42 goals. The nearest midfielder to him was Gerrard with about half s many goals, 22 all up.

Lampard grabbed something like 17 which says a lot considering he was injured for a long period.

Put Lamps and Gerrad's goal tally together and you 39 assuming that my figures about their goal tallies are correct.

3 goals short of Ronaldo. Wonderful, wonderful season a virtuoso performance from beginning till end. Now for the Euro's. :D
Added to all this, only 2 strikers, probably the best in the premier league, managed to just break the 20 goal mark in the league. The rest were on about 14 or 15 goals.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts