Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
F.T. good attempt, im proud of you ! so ronaldo needs to learn to dribble with ball
closer to feet and try to slip ball over opp. feet and regain control into box? do you think that messi maybe very good with that trait because of his height and speed? does messi need to grow taller to compete with ronaldos power in the air?lol

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
messi is an amazing dribbler and is short so his balance is better in relation to the ball but ronaldo is an amazing dribbler too.

pz

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I know that I've been pretty stingy with praise for Ronnie so I'll make it up by saying it's easy to forget how brilliant his achievement is.

He's made it all seem so easy that you don't really notice how ludicrously exceptional his season was until you compare him to others.

Ronaldo ended up with 42 goals. The nearest midfielder to him was Gerrard with about half s many goals, 22 all up.

Lampard grabbed something like 17 which says a lot considering he was injured for a long period.

Put Lamps and Gerrad's goal tally together and you 39 assuming that my figures about their goal tallies are correct.

3 goals short of Ronaldo. Wonderful, wonderful season a virtuoso performance from beginning till end. Now for the Euro's. :D

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
dlan4327 said:
I know that I've been pretty stingy with praise for Ronnie so I'll make it up by saying it's easy to forget how brilliant his achievement is.

He's made it all seem so easy that you don't really notice how ludicrously exceptional his season was until you compare him to others.

Ronaldo ended up with 42 goals. The nearest midfielder to him was Gerrard with about half s many goals, 22 all up.

Lampard grabbed something like 17 which says a lot considering he was injured for a long period.

Put Lamps and Gerrad's goal tally together and you 39 assuming that my figures about their goal tallies are correct.

3 goals short of Ronaldo. Wonderful, wonderful season a virtuoso performance from beginning till end. Now for the Euro's. :D
Added to all this, only 2 strikers, probably the best in the premier league, managed to just break the 20 goal mark in the league. The rest were on about 14 or 15 goals.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
whats funny is you always see a striker in the championship or league 1 with more goals than the leading goal scorer in the premierleague but ronaldo had the most league goals for any league in england and with less games to play. 42 goals and 8 assists without his international stats, thats just simply a season of a lifetime for the kid. And he is a winger who roams. Amazing

pz

21 - 29 of 29 Posts