Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Ashley Young has done nothing for weeks now. He's gone really off the boil when Villa have needed him the most.
i think he has done what any other player still learning his trade has done...maginificent here and there yet faded towards the end of the season when the expectations wer ehe'd raise his game and power villa to the top 4, aggys form has also dropped in recent weeks.

i won't knock him for that as he's still young and learning...i do the habit he has deveoped over the last few weeks of falling over at every opportunity and seeking a free kick is getting a bit tiresome.......you have to stand up and be counted and maybe beef up a little bit as the stick and attention he is going to get is only gonna get worse. hopefully it will be the making of him and not the breaking of him.

hes im my team though for his performances ealry and mid season...to be fair his blip has coincided with villa's general poor performances of late

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
i think he has done what any other player still learning his trade has done...maginificent here and there yet faded towards the end of the season when the expectations wer ehe'd raise his game and power villa to the top 4, aggys form has also dropped in recent weeks.

i won't knock him for that as he's still young and learning...i do the habit he has deveoped over the last few weeks of falling over at every opportunity and seeking a free kick is getting a bit tiresome.......you have to stand up and be counted and maybe beef up a little bit as the stick and attention he is going to get is only gonna get worse. hopefully it will be the making of him and not the breaking of him.

hes im my team though for his performances ealry and mid season...to be fair his blip has coincided with villa's general poor performances of late

I disagree tbh. I think he was Far better last season and villa weren't doing as much.

He scored 8 goals and 17 assist last season. This year he has only had 5 goals and 8 assists.

I think he had a good start, but since getting sent off he hasn't really done anything. No goals, no assists, no performances of note. I think he was good but his form dipped far too early. Really don't believe he warrants a position on the team tbh. Especially not at the expense of Barry.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
-------------------------Given

Johnson-------Jagielka----------Laursen-------Lescott

Ireland-------Mascherano--------Gerrard-------Young

----------------Torres----------Anelka

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
..................Given................
Johnson - Hangeland - Jagielka - Lescott
Gerrard - Ireland - Alonso - Young
................. Cahill
.................Anelka

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I'm baffle dby the high numbers of people taking Young and then omitting Lampard. Do you guys actually watch football?
Lampards a good shout..!
I was gonna put him in my pick but then I chose Alonso instead..
I think Lampards being brillant this season and I think it was you that said Gerrard is like a god to the media when lampard is looked at as shit.. I agree there Lampard has been under-rated this season and was wrongly overlooked for the POTY Award.. He has said himself that this is his best season of his career so far.. Going back to Young I think he's done well for Villa this season.. But since Villa have gone on a bad run of form, he hasn't looked a great player at all.. I chose him because I coudn't think of any other left sided player..!

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
Lampards a good shout..!
I was gonna put him in my pick but then I chose Alonso instead..
I think Lampards being brillant this season and I think it was you that said Gerrard is like a god to the media when lampard is looked at as shit.. I agree there Lampard has been under-rated this season and was wrongly overlooked for the POTY Award.. He has said himself that this is his best season of his career so far.. Going back to Young I think he's done well for Villa this season.. But since Villa have gone on a bad run of form, he hasn't looked a great player at all.. I chose him because I coudn't think of any other left sided player..!
To hell with wingers. There has been far too much talent in the centre to overlook it this year. Real shortage of quality out wide.

Barry? Lampard? Gerrard? Alonso? Mascherano? Cahill? Arteta?

They've all been better than Young.

12 goals, 9 assists and I think it was 8 MOTM awards. What more as he to do? He dragged a struggling Chelsea to the position they are in almost singlehandledly this season.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
To hell with wingers. There has been far too much talent in the centre to overlook it this year. Real shortage of quality out wide.

12 goals, 9 assists and I think it was 8 MOTM awards. What more as he to do? He dragged a struggling Chelsea to the position they are in almost singlehandledly this season.
mmmm. arteta can play at the wing :laugh:

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·

Agree with you on Lampard, which is why he's my team, but need to big up Ashley Young too.
He's weoghed in with 5 goals and 8 assists and besides the vitals stats always looks like Villa's most threatening players with his running and crosses.

He;s usually at the heart of Villa's best play, which has fizzled recently, but they still owe a good chunk of their current position to him, so think he's inclusion in people's best 11 is waranted.

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
Agree with you on Lampard, which is why he's my team, but need to big up Ashley Young too.
He's weoghed in with 5 goals and 8 assists and besides the vitals stats always looks like Villa's most threatening players with his running and crosses.

He;s usually at the heart of Villa's best play, which has fizzled recently, but they still owe a good chunk of their current position to him, so think he's inclusion in people's best 11 is waranted.
Young hasn't done anything since he's been sent off earlier on. He's totally fallen away. No assists, goals nothing and this season he ahs been well below the high standard he set for himself the season before. I saw the game against West Ham, he didn't look great tbh and that's how he seems to have looked ALOT recently. I think it should be judged on teh entire season not just when the teams dong well. If that's the case Carlton Cole would be in with a shout.

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,659 Posts
Im goin to do a team EXCLUDING the other top-four teams, here goes

Schwarzer

-Corluka--Upson--Hangeland--Ilunga-

-Lennon--Ireland--Barry--A.Young-

-Robinho--Cahill-

21 - 39 of 39 Posts