Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what in your opinion is the best performance ever against us by a team or individual?? theres the obvious ones like the ronaldo one at OT but there must be other not necessarily even big matches?? so whats the best team or player performance you've ever seen against us??

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Tbh Ronaldo's hat-trick at OT sprang to mind as soon as I read the thread title.

The one that always sticks in my mind is when QPR beat us 4-1 at Old Trafford on New Years Day in 1992. I was devastated by that result but they played us off the park that day.

The 5-0 win for Newcastle at St James' Park in 1996 also stands out.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Gattusso vs us in both semis in 06/07. We didn't even look like scoring when he played, bar the goal from the corner. (He went off at HT with an injury)

Nesta and Kaka were also very good, though Nesta had Gattusso to help him and Kaka played against an injury hit defence.

Rivaldo was good against us in 99 aswell.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Agree with Jazz ^^ about Friedel
Ronaldo had an awesome game against us as well, all his goals were special

And even Kaka for Milan in the home leg of the 06/07 semi final

·
Registered
238 Posts
ste gerrard

paahaa who i trying to kid hahahaha SCUM

id say the ac milan at the san siro 2007, we never turned up and they made us look like liverpool :(

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Ronaldo's Hattrick comes to mind in terms of individuals.

Teams? Well, it was a horrible, horrible day for us, when Newcastle beat us 5-0.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Home leg:

--O'Shea--Brown--Heinze--Evra--

Away leg:

--O'Shea--Brown--Vidic*--Heinze

Evra was suspended and Vidic had been rushed back from injury. Rio, Neville and Silvestre were also out. (Rio made the bench in the away leg)

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Well, beeing of course byased on this, I still think the best was us, in the season of 63/64.

Cup winners cup quarter-finals, at Old Trafford, United won 4-1. Needing a win by more than 3 goals (the away rule didn't exist back then), we won 5-0, going on to win it in the replay final against the Hungarian team MTK, with a direct corner goal.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts