Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think at this moment in time is the best position i've know man utd to be in.

Top of Prem (1 game in hand)
Carling Cup Final
Champions League - last 16
FA Cup - last 32 with home tie in next round

Added to what we have already won

Community Shield
World Club Cup

I know we have a few injures but i think United can at least win 2 (probably the 1st 2).

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
not sure of the Ucl with all of these injures coz we only have one chance

imo we will win the Epl and the Carling or just the carling :|

·
Registered
31 Posts
Out of the 4 remaining trophie's, I am very confident we will win the league & the carling cup. Be amazing to win them all tho.

UCL & FA cup, its a matter of luck with the injuries/luck of the draw etc.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
We will do a domestic treble in my opinion. Unfortunately I think José's Inter will do a job on us....

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
We are in a fantastic position, and if we were offered this position at the beginning of the season I'm sure we'd all have taken it.

As for the trophies left, I think we'll win the League and possibly the Carling Cup. We are capable of winning the FA Cup and the Champions League (I'm talking as individual trophies here) but there is a lot of luck involved with both so those are too hard to call.

I know there have been calls that we can win the Quad, but imo that's near impossible.

·
23,699 Posts
Nothing to complain about at this stage of the season except for the damned injuries that seem to have started its own run recently. It is a major concern as we all learnt from the past how teams can so easily crumble when struck by unexpected and nagging injuries. But if we have to do it the hard way with this onslaught of injuries, we do have a natural advantage in such circumstance. ;)

I agree we should wrap up the league and the mickey mouse cup. The FA Cup would be tricky but the back-to-back retention of CL would be unprecedented. The latter would really need one kind of luck and for our key players to return sooner; mutually inclusive.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Berbatov08 is copying me who has been calling a domestic treble for the last few weeks

Barcelona for the Champions league for me

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
The Premier League and Carling Cup is ours to throw away, however the FA Cup is possible too, we should see off a pretty lame Inter Milan if we play attaking football, but Barca have to be favourites for the Champions League.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Berbatov08 said:
We will do a domestic treble in my opinion. Unfortunately I think José's Inter will do a job on us....
Tbh, I'm not very confident about our chances against Inter either at the moment. We're not playing as well as we can.

However, there's still over a month until we play Inter so perhaps we'll have improved by then.

Obviously we have a great chance of winning the Carling Cup now we're in the final and it's always good to be in pole position in the Premier League.

There's still a long way to go in the FA Cup though and all the big guns are still in it.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
best position is having her stood up with her back to you,you stand behind whilst gently holding her stomach so she doesnt fall,then giving her what for :D:D

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
best position is having her stood up with her back to you,you stand behind whilst gently holding her stomach so she doesnt fall,then giving her what for :D:D
lol beat me to it :D
was gonna say a bitta Doggy myself :p

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Berbatov08 said:
I'm not so worried about inter, althouh they will provide a stern test, but even if we get by inter there's still Barcelona who are stronger than last season and in top gear.

On the other fronts, I'm allowing myself to be quietly optimistic.

We are in a very good position on all fronts, but if we win the league, I wouldn't mind missing out on any of the other trophies.

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,917 Posts
I have a sneaky feeling we could squeeze past inter milan and i think the carling cup's a cert - i'm worried that we'll throw away the prem or the fa cup

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
It would be great to just finally pull level with Liverpool give them one less thing to sing about on leagues. I honestly believe we could produce another treble maybe in four trophies. we have teh squad, even after the injuries to do it.

·
Davey baby chips 'n' gravy
4,055 Posts
I would like that next Prem Title so them scousers Tw*tterpool don't have that privilidge of most League titles anymore, so the prem would do me just fine. I am optimistic though and I believe at least 3 trophies is a big possibility. The ECL, EPL and Carling cup would be unreal.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
RedForceRising said:
I'm not so worried about inter, althouh they will provide a stern test, but even if we get by inter there's still Barcelona who are stronger than last season and in top gear.

On the other fronts, I'm allowing myself to be quietly optimistic.

We are in a very good position on all fronts, but if we win the league, I wouldn't mind missing out on any of the other trophies.

Agree about Inter, we are clearly better than them, so i would exspect us to pull through this tie. Inter got beat 3-1 last weekend too. Barca are the worrying team in the CL.

And yeah very true, i'll be happy WHEN (not if;) ) we win the league and equal the scum and hopefully finally shutting them up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts