Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nike are about to release a United shirt in homage to Ronaldo's amazing season with the slogan "Best Since Best"

With the current situation with Ronaldo's transfer rumours:

a) Will this shirt actually sell as even if he stays, die-hard fans will be extremely reluctant to acknowledge this fact

b) Should the shirt actually read "Statistically Best Since Best"

The news story was on United web site yesterday but has been removed/problems with site prevent it from being seen

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
well they're just takin the idea from the banners that were in the stands over the year... i imagine they'll be keeping an eye on the situation before they invest in this

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
first off this is a marketing gimmick by nike, they treat clubs as cash cows its all about the dollar, secondly you cant possibly say ronaldo is "the best since best" its a retarded comparsion, george best was training on less than adequate pitches by todays standards ,the playing surfaces were heavier, the nutrition side of it was pretty non existent , the boots and balls were made of thick heavy leather, tackling was permitted add in the fact best was an alcoholic.
i could go on with this but i wont bore you, simply put best was streets ahead of ronaldo..

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
thekeanefella said:
first off this is a marketing gimmick by nike, they treat clubs as cash cows its all about the dollar, secondly you cant possibly say ronaldo is "the best since best" its a retarded comparsion, george best was training on less than adequate pitches by todays standards ,the playing surfaces were heavier, the nutrition side of it was pretty non existent , the boots and balls were made of thick heavy leather, tackling was permitted add in the fact best was an alcoholic.
i could go on with this but i wont bore you, simply put best was streets ahead of ronaldo..
I wouldn't agree football is played at a much higher standard now so that counter acts the arguements to do with training etc. If george best played today i have no doubts he wouldn't be as good as ronaldo or infact alot of players.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
TBF, what fan who doesn't buy United shirts, would go and buy everything nike releases?

Only JCL numwits who aint a clue would buy it. Man U this, Man U that. As long as manyoo are winning nout else matters.

There are many, many better Manchetser United shirts from SEF, Red News, t-shirts United.

NOT EVERYTHING HAS TO BE OFFICIAL. YOU ARE NOT A TOP RED IF EVERYTHING YOU HAVE IS OFFICIAL.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Stephen said:
TBF, what fan who doesn't buy United shirts, would go and buy everything nike releases?

Only JCL numwits who aint a clue would buy it. Man U this, Man U that. As long as manyoo are winning nout else matters.

There are many, many better Manchetser United shirts from SEF, Red News, t-shirts United.

NOT EVERYTHING HAS TO BE OFFICIAL. YOU ARE NOT A TOP RED IF EVERYTHING YOU HAVE IS OFFICIAL.
ya i always buy the new home kit (apart from this years actually cos I didnt like it at first and i love the one from last season!)

Ya get some class t shirts outside the ground, I got a class moscow 08 (on the back of it) only 5 beans, best bit of business i've ever done!

Actually guys the whole Nike thing,, will that come into it at all(his transfer) that he's one of their biggest faces, would they not pay him extra to stay at a nike club?

They even made a white kit for him next season so he can pretend he's at madrid!!!:D

·
Registered
15 Posts
eoininho said:
ya i always buy the new home kit (apart from this years actually cos I didnt like it at first and i love the one from last season!)

Ya get some class t shirts outside the ground, I got a class moscow 08 (on the back of it) only 5 beans, best bit of business i've ever done!

Actually guys the whole Nike thing,, will that come into it at all(his transfer) that he's one of their biggest faces, would they not pay him extra to stay at a nike club?

They even made a white kit for him next season so he can pretend he's at madrid!!!:D
;) may be onto one there...

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
spirit of 66. He was great for united that geoff hurst hey. Awesome

Moron!!! Why cant all fans be like you balrog

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Its All Right Brother!

antdevil78 said: