Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
You're judged by what you win.

The 1994-1996 team may have been the most talented as a unit (was my faviorite anyway). They won 3 league titles and 1 FA Cup.

The 1999 - 2003 side won 4 league titles (3 consecutive), 1 FA Cup and a CL.

The Current side has won 2 league titles and a CL. It could go on to be out best team, especially if we win another CL.

The 1996 team was sought of half 1994 and half 1999, so I wasn't really sure which era it was in as it was a transition period (that luckily brought success).

Of course we've also got the 1968 side who won 1 European Cup, 1 FA Cup and 2 League titles, all of which were a lot harder to win in those days. We also had arguably our 3 greatest players, Best, Law and Charlton in the side.

I'm just really saddened (like everyone else) that we never got to see the full potential of the pre-Munich Busby Babes as that side had won 2 league titles and could have won a European Cup(s), plus we still had players like Stiles and Best who would have further strengthened the side.

Our side in the 80's was also very good, its just unfortunate for us that we had an unstoppable Liverpool side in the same league as us.

Overall, I's say the 1999 side is our greatest ever, but the current squad has the potential to eclipse that.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Irwin, Neville, Johnson, were no where near the best in the world.

Becks was that particular season, and should have won the Balon D'or.

Cole and Yorke individially weren't even the best in the Premiership, but as a partnership they were as good as anything.

Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo, Davids, ect would all have cases for being the best in the world in there positions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.