Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Think about the treble team, just for a second. Think about how our side WAS the World XI.

Schmeichel- best in the world

Irwin- best in the world, with competition from Roberto Carlos, couldn't go wrong with either of em.

Stam & Johnsen- Best pairing in the world by acres and acres

Neville- best in the world.

Giggs- best in the world

Keane & Scholes- best in the world.

Becks- He or Figo, best in the world.

Cole & Yorke- most prodigious strike pair ever.

Not to mention the bench with Teddy and Ole.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
That was some team and some amazing players however i do not agree with them some of them being the best individuals in the world at the time but definately amazing players! :cool:

pz!:eyepopping:
That's why I included the spine of the team in pairs. Johnsen was good, but obviously he wasn't world class. However, he and Stam however were definitely the business. Cole and Yorke individually weren't necessarily the best, but together they were magic.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Stam was a beast! I know rio and vidic as a pair and in terms class compliment each other so well but stam was like something out of a comic book for united. He was so big and had like an intimidating look too! What a player for united! :cool:

pz!
pz!
That's what I mean man, he was the best center back I've ever seen.

Neville wasnt the best in the world IMO
Who was?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.