Manchester United Talk banner

Biggest summer of transfer spending ever?

2K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  versa 
Just been thinking about the potential transfer activity this summer.

You have us, who will have a few quid to spend after a successful summer, and I'm convinced we will see a couple of big name arrivals here in the summer.

Then the scousers are talking about spending big, with Benitez's new contract tied up rumour has it he will have a big budget this summer.

Then of course there's City, who are almost guarunteed to spend rediculous amounts of money on several players.

Chelsea are talking about £100m budgets so and clearouts so it looks like the agressive Ambramovic era is returning.

Then abroad you have Barcelona, who are being linked with all sorts of names and are prepared to spend a fortune.

Then Madrid have Perez coming back who is looking to re-build the galactico era and is talking about spending insane amounts of money.

Then even in Italy they are talking about big spending from Inter, AC, and Juve.

Should be hugely exciting and I can see a few records being broken :specool:

With possibly next season being Fergie's last I think he will want to perfect his squad before the end of the summer in order to have on almighty season.
Not at all. Inter always spend big and they will probably do a little
bit of spending, AC Milan will buy a player or two and Juve might
get a few players but none over the £15mil. mark.

Barcellona will also buy one or two players but no big names.

We will definitely not buy big this summer and neither will Liverpool.

Chelsea might and Man City will bring in some players.

Transfer records being broken? Only if City buy Aguero or Benzema
or something, not very likely anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.