Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
probably been done before , wondering who you reckon are the biggest underachieving club in the history of english football, talking in terms of size of the club, support, where they are based, what they have or havent won and amount of money they have invested.
my own personal choice is birmingham city........massive city and fanbase yet they have hardly ever won anything except the odd second rate cup a couple of times, being in such a massive city they should have enourmous backing and momentum yet they never have achieved anything of note. over the last decade or so they have had the sullivan/gold cash and created a great little stadium ( which even in the premiership they still failed to fill) and invested in players but it always seems to go pear shaped.
permanently in the shadow of the villa, who are among the top 4 most successful clubs in england i reckon the blues must be a candidate for most for the title os most underachieving

Z

·
0 Posts
Davey said:
Newcastle.
I agree. They've always spent big and have a lot of talented players. They've also got a big stadium and a lot of fans. It's nice watching them waste it all though :D

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Birmingham, Newcastle and Spurs are all great shouts but I am going to mention my local team Lancaster City. The population of Lancaster is very similar to that of Blackburn. Although they've never had the investment of a millionaire like Jack Walker I can't help but feel that they should be doing slightly better than playing in the Unibond Premier North Division!!!

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Newcastle for me. Third biggest stadium in the country, until recently almost always packed, must have spend 200million on transfers in the past 4-5 years. ]

Achieved less than Portsmouth :D

What a ****ing disaster!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts