Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

It has been reported that Solskjaer's knee troubles may have started at the Nou Camp in 1999.

It was the most memorable goal in Manchester United's glorious history. It was also the split-second that eventually led to a heartbreaking exit for the man the United faithful call Legend.

When Ole Gunnar Solskjaer went sliding towards fans in the Nou Camp stadium on that unforgettable May night in 1999, there was no hint of the road which lay ahead.

Yet over the ensuing years, the striker, 34, who hit 126 goals in 366 games for the Reds, was to look back on that moment with the ultimate in mixed feelings.

Solskjaer never publicly admitted the repercussions of that famous sliding celebration following his instinctive prodded European Cup winner against Bayern Munich.

But privately he has told team-mates past and present it was the time he first felt pain in the knee that has now forced him to retire.

·
Registered
782 Posts
GeordieMancunian said:

It has been reported that Solskjaer's knee troubles may have started at the Nou Camp in 1999.

It was the most memorable goal in Manchester United's glorious history. It was also the split-second that eventually led to a heartbreaking exit for the man the United faithful call Legend.

When Ole Gunnar Solskjaer went sliding towards fans in the Nou Camp stadium on that unforgettable May night in 1999, there was no hint of the road which lay ahead.

Yet over the ensuing years, the striker, 34, who hit 126 goals in 366 games for the Reds, was to look back on that moment with the ultimate in mixed feelings.

Solskjaer never publicly admitted the repercussions of that famous sliding celebration following his instinctive prodded European Cup winner against Bayern Munich.

But privately he has told team-mates past and present it was the time he first felt pain in the knee that has now forced him to retire.
Uh oh, this exact text is already on the forum. I posted it about 1 week ago...

·
Registered
414 Posts
i aint read it, thats a real gutter, roo and saha better stop wit the old knee slides then, nani (although its class) should save his craaaazy backflips for the right occasions too,

·
Registered
291 Posts
my favorite goal for (ole gunnar) was against wigan last year when we won 3-1 at JJB. it summed up the day perfectly and it was good for his comeback to score

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
My fave has to be against Reading. Hits it with the outside of his right boot from tough angle to swerve it round Hahnemann.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts