Manchester United Talk banner

Blatter Is The Slave - Maradona

900 views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  spellbound 
#1 ·
Diego Armando Maradona has turned the tables on FIFA president Sepp Blatter by calling him a slave to the world's footballers.

Argentine living legend Maradona responded to FIFA president, Sepp Blatter's remark about how footballers today are treated like modern slaves by calling the head honcho himself a slave.

“He is there to serve us. He is our slave because without him, we can all still play football, but he is nothing without us. He doesn't even know how to kick a ball,†boomed Maradona, who is in Marbella this weekend to attend an exhibition tennis match between Argentine and Spanish players.

The ex-Albiceleste captain was then asked about his opinion on the changing face of football transfers, namely the millions of dollars poured in by foreign investors.

“I think it's fantastic to see them enter the world of football. I just wish they were around when I was playing,â€

Finally, El Pelusa spoke about the rise and rise of his successors, Sergio Agüero and Lionel Messi, and he did not keep it a secret who he wants to see take sole ownership of his mantle.

“I would like to see Kun beat Messi to become my successor, but it will be a long and hard battle because Leo is a phenomenon.

“But I have always said that even if Messi manages to surpass me, then it would be a triumph for all of Argentina,†he concluded.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=850069

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.