Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Football Association has confirmed that Chelsea have submitted a claim for wrongful dismissal on behalf of John Terry.

Luiz Felipe Scolari's team were forced to do without centre-back Terry for the final 13 minutes of their 3-1 victory over Manchester City on Saturday evening.

The Blues skipper was dismissed for 'serious foul play' by referee Mark Halsey after he hauled down City's Brazilian striker Jo.

Halsey deemed Terry to be the last man between Jo and a clear run on goal, a decision which annoyed Chelsea as Ricardo Carvalho appeared to be covering.

Scolari said after the Eastlands fixture that he would not decide on a possible appeal before speaking to the Chelsea hierarchy.

And the Stamford Bridge outfit have now opted to appeal against Terry's dismissal, with Scolari keen for the England captain to avoid a suspension which would prevent him from playing against Manchester United next weekend.

An FA regulatory commission will consider the claim on 16th September.

"They sent the papers to the FA to appeal, and I wait for what they say," said Scolari.

"It is important for us after we saw on TV that maybe it is a mistake of the referee and maybe they agree it's a mistake and change the decision.

"It's important for us on Sunday if it is possible for Terry to play, but we wait for tomorrow. It's not my business, it's for the referee to say if he made a mistake, or for the FA judgement. I wait for what they say - yes or no.'"

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4149727,00.html

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Terrible..

It was always going to be appealed in all fairness.

I'd be amazed if they didn't lift it though...he wasn't the last man, but I hope
obviously they dont! :p

·
Registered
286 Posts
It should get adjourned I suppose. He was never last man. I have to say I think he is definately over rated but Chelsea arnt the same without him.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
i read on bbc that he was sent off for "serious foul play", whereas a foul as the last man is a professional foul. that would mean that he sent him off for the actual foul, and it wouldnt be relevant that he had cover. since reds cant be downgraded to yellow cards, chelsea will have to prove that the foul wasnt even worthy of a booking, which it probably was.
they'd miss terry more than we'd miss vidic.
rafael to start with wes at centre back anyone? :D

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
i bet that that redcard will be discounted and JT will play against us

Chelski ****s will bribe the FA be sure......and bribe the ref :p

joking

·
Registered
71 Posts
Blues win Terry appeal

John Terry will be available for Chelsea's clash with Manchester United after his three-match suspension was overturned.

Terry was shown a straight red card towards the end of Chelsea's 3-1 victory over Manchester City on Saturday.

The Blues skipper pulled down Jo with referee Mark Halsey ruling that he had denied the Brazilian a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Luiz Felipe Scolari was initially unsure whether to appeal the decision but after looking again at the incident Chelsea felt that he had been wrongfully dismissed.

An FA regulatory commission has agreed with Chelsea and Terry will not now face a ban.

If the appeal had failed, Terry would have had to sit out the crucial game against defending Premier League champions United on Sunday, as well as the Carling Cup match with Portsmouth next week and the trip to Stoke on 27th September.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4154018,00.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts