Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Top bookmaker Paddy Power is so confident Manchester United will win the treble in England this season it is paying out on bets already – at a cost of £1m.

United striker Dimitar Berbatov scores in the 3-0 win over Fulham

United beat Fulham 3-0 at Old Trafford last night to stretch their lead at the top of the Premier League to five points over Liverpool.
The Dublin-based gambling firm reckons the Red Devils will go on and make it a clean sweep of domestic trophies.
"Teams can't even score against United at the moment so what hope have they of catching them?" a spokesman told Sky News Online.
"Nobody can touch them, they look unbeatable in England anyway. We're going to have to rely on somebody from Europe stopping them in the Champions League."
Power has paid out on bets early before, when it comes to Man Utd winning the Premier League. But a bookmaker has never coughed up so quickly on a domestic treble.
United face Tottenham Hotspur in the Carling Cup Final at Wembley on March 1, then Swansea or Fulham six days later in the FA Cup quarter-finals.
"We’re confident that we won't be left with egg on our faces by paying up early," added Power.
"United just have that look of invincibility about them this season."

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Top bookmaker Paddy Power is so confident Manchester United will win the treble in England this season it is paying out on bets already – at a cost of £1m.
..I stopped when I got that far...we're odds on for 2 of them.... we want the propper Treble! :rolleyes:

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
That is ridiculous. They payed out on Stoke going down after the first game. But United arent evrn favourites to win the Campions League with Paddy Power. Barca are.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a publicity thing,theres always one that pays early.Its to make you go with them as they are seemed to be a 'decent' bookmaker.If United dont do it,they will have lost around £1m+ but will make 10 times that again next season and all the giddy dippers fans that DARED TO DREAM!!!

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Keano! said:
..I stopped when I got that far...we're odds on for 2 of them.... we want the propper Treble! :rolleyes:
Its still paying out on something that hasnt happened though innit,thats only why i showed it :D

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
The name of this article is slightly
misleading.

PaddyPower are paying out on United
winning the Premiership, Carling Cup,
F.A. Cup or any combination of those
three.

This will serve only to increase bets on,
for example, Spurs winning the Carling
Cup.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
That's crazy. As I mentioned in another thread the potential semi-final line up for the FA Cup is Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton and United. If that happens all 4 teams are capable of winning it.

In the Carling Cup Final we'll be playing our Carling Cup team, which has been conceding plenty of goals.

In the league we only have a 5 point lead...that wasn't enough for Arsenal last season.

Nope, we won't win anything this year. :p

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stephen said:
I meant in England mate ;)

Harder to do in England.
Fair doo's Scottish football is dog shit :D

PeeJay The name of this article is slightly
misleading.

PaddyPower are paying out on United