Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
23,699 Posts
I am not one of the camp that calls for the head of Silvestre and would hate to see him leave.

He may have occasional lapses like Rio used to have but after all the pluses and minuses, still a highly capable backup as left back or as a central defender. I rate him much tougher, quicker, more steady and reads the game much better than JOS for sure in the defensive department.

If he is happy to stay to fight for his place, please let him be.

·
23,699 Posts
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
ALL TRUE UNITED FANS FROM MANCHESTER , RIGHT ? COZ believe me, some of you UK fans are not unbiased towards your own players ...Ask anyone outside UK who is not a United fan what's the weakest link of United team - and at least 80% of them will tell you Wes Brown. Now I wouldn't be saying this to any non-united supporter coz I like Wes... He plays for United , I really like him - but not as much as I like others... And he's probably a Tottenham material , but not United. Listen - I'm not blaming him, it's not his fault but I'd like a little reality please.
I have to second you on that.

I am confident nobody here is having a go at Brown who has indeed done well for us this season in the absence of Gary.

However, reality and other threads on Brown have touched on this topic too, and the consensus amongst the non-die-hard fan of Brown is that he is a good cover for us but will never be good enough to be in the First XI if everybody is fit and every viable option available. Long story short, a good squad player.

Will he be before Rio and Vidic in the CB? [Don't ask silly question.]

Will he be the automatic choice as a RB next season? [Then why all the talk about looking for a new RB.]

And personally, as a sum of total parts, I would prefer Hargreaves as a RB over Brown; if not for anything, at least for the fitness and speed to run the flanks, the much better crosses and better handling of quick and skillful wingers.

Oops... Think we are all way off topic here.:D

·
23,699 Posts
I could quit Manchester United for Bordeaux ,admits Silvestre

Daily Mail
Last updated at 11:08am on 16th May 2008

Manchester United defender Mickael Silvestre admits he could be tempted by a move to Bordeaux, provided the French club can meet his salary demands

Les Girondins coach Laurent Blanc has declared his interest in the France international, whose season has been disrupted by knee injuries.

Silvestre's contract at United runs until the summer of 2009, but the former Rennes player is not discounting a return to his native country if the offer is good enough.

"It isn't impossible," the 30-year-old told a press conference.

"Bordeaux is a club which is close to my heart. When I was little, I followed their exploits in Europe. Moreover, I have family in the Gironde region.

"But each player has to be satisfied in a sporting sense as well as financially.

"There are no gifts handed out here. I am not a good Samaritan."

Silvestre, who has also played for Internazionale, missed most of United's latest title-winning campaign with a knee injury he suffered in September.

He returned towards the end of the season but he is unlikely to make France's squad for next month's European Championships in Austria and Switzerland.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts