Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I would agree that it is not good news.

Yes, when he plays at CB I spend the whole 90 mins worrying. But he is a very good left-back and is very reliable as a no 2, if you like, to Evra.

He is quick, good tackler and actually has a great cross on him.

I hope he stays in all honesty.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
akash_reds said:
but im sure he will be tempted by first team football and he knows he has no hope of playing for us when evra is playing like he is now.....
Thats the worry.

He is good enough to be playing first-team football elsewhere, but hopefully he decides he's at the right club.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
If Evra got injured, or went off form (which would be surprising to say the least) I would be more than happy with Silvestre at LB.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
RedForceRising said:
The creator of this thread will talk about himself in the third person and simply explain himself as having the right to title the tread in whichever way he saw fit.

The chread-creator is also attention-seeking and a sensationalist.

He has also heard, read and debated all the pros and cons regarding Silvestre and after all has been said and done, Silvestre was a good professional footballer, who went about his job in the proper way, but now needs to move on, so others can move up, or at least give the maanger a chance to freshen things up.

Peace!
He doesn't need to "move on" at all.

He is a very good player, and we need him to stay and fight for a place with Evra, and provide cover for when necessary.

As I've said, if Evra gets injured or dramatically loses his form, I would be very, very happy in Silvestre taking over from him.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
J_746 said:
Bordeaux are a good up-and-coming team with ambition. Silvestre would be ideal to add some more experience to the lineup and help them break Lyon's dominance on that league as they have come close to doing already this season.
I agree.

But I want to keep him here.

Hes a very good player, and has been a great servant to us.

Imo, there isn't any better player realistically that would be happy to be second and fight for his place.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
versa said:
Daily Mail
Last updated at 11:08am on 16th May 2008

Manchester United defender Mickael Silvestre admits he could be tempted by a move to Bordeaux, provided the French club can meet his salary demands

Les Girondins coach Laurent Blanc has declared his interest in the France international, whose season has been disrupted by knee injuries.

Silvestre's contract at United runs until the summer of 2009, but the former Rennes player is not discounting a return to his native country if the offer is good enough.

"It isn't impossible," the 30-year-old told a press conference.

"Bordeaux is a club which is close to my heart. When I was little, I followed their exploits in Europe. Moreover, I have family in the Gironde region.

"But each player has to be satisfied in a sporting sense as well as financially.

"There are no gifts handed out here. I am not a good Samaritan."

Silvestre, who has also played for Internazionale, missed most of United's latest title-winning campaign with a knee injury he suffered in September.

He returned towards the end of the season but he is unlikely to make France's squad for next month's European Championships in Austria and Switzerland.
:eek:

I hope they can't offer him what he wants, or that he decides to stay here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts