Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3rd round Carling Cup.

not bad.good tester for the twins, possebon campbell.

what does everyone think?

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Boro is a tough nut to crack and always plays well against the big teams. Would be a good test for our promising youngsters. This competition is the best chance for the youngsters to get some first team experience under their belt. So lets hope we do better than last time around when we crashed out to (what's that team again..........?) COVENTRY CITY!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :mad:

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Third Round Draw :

Arsenal v Sheffield United

Brighton or Manchester City v Derby County

Burnley v Fulham

Portsmouth v Chelsea

Blackburn v Everton

Rotherham v Southampton

Swansea City v Cardiff City

Ipswich Town v Wigan

Stoke City v Reading

Leeds v Hartlepool

Watford v West Ham

Manchester United v Middlesbrough

Liverpool v Crewe

Aston Villa v QPR

Sunderland v Northampton

Newcastle v Tottenham

Ties to be played on the week commencing September 22.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Tricky game no doubt.

I actually feel sorry for Gareth Southgate. He was left with McClarens mess to sort out.

However, it looks as though his work is starting to come into effect. He's made some good signings, let some promising young players into the team and their really starting to come together.

It will be a tough game for us, and if we play a youthful team we may have trouble to get past them. There was a lot of easier games for sure.

And I would imagine that they would play either a full-strength or just less than a full-strength team. Its their best chance of a trophy, and they may fancy their chances.

At least its a home game though.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I wouldn't plat our full team. i think we should stick to what we've done the last few years. What do people think will be the team we put out. A mix of youth and first team players or all reserves?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
DAMN, hard to get through this one. Why do we always draw Premiership sides, FA Cup is really bad for drawing them. Will be a tough test but very rewarding if the youngsters get through it. Boro's team will pretty much be full strength though so i doubt we will win. But we have home advantage so who knows ?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
DAMN, hard to get through this one. Why do we always draw Premiership sides, FA Cup is really bad for drawing them. Will be a tough test but very rewarding if the youngsters get through it. Boro's team will pretty much be full strength though so i doubt we will win. But we have home advantage so who knows ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
The week before Boro we've got Liverpool,Villarreal and Chelsea so can't see a full team. Will probably be a mix of youth - twins,possebon,evans,campbell - and some first teamers like neville,o'shea,fletcher.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
What a crap draw.

1. Be a boring game.
2. United won't give a crap if we lose.
3. Boro will treat it like a cup final.
4. They always do well against us.
5. Boro will only bring about 1000 (probs not even that).
6. United will have less than 50K there.

Was hoping for Leeds away. Flippin Boro at home, please :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts