Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from thesun

MANCHESTER UNITED have bid £15.8million for Portugal right-back Jose Bosingwa.

SunSport can reveal Porto received the offer yesterday but want no less than £22m.

United boss Alex Ferguson sees him as the successor to Gary Neville.

Bosingwa, 25, is similar in style to Patrice Evra and a £55k-a-week deal with the player and his agent has been agreed.

Fergie first made a move in January and No2 Carlos Queiroz was sent to open talks.

Ha3x, I don't believe it............

Is this Gary Neville succcessor ????????

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
LAHM!!! He will be much cheaper imo or Mendy...

From what I have seen him his been okay but I rather have the 2 I mentioned above..umm a little too expensive for me really...max I would pay for him would be 6 million...and his a unibrow lmao

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
i think Owen Hargreaves has been outstanding at rb. I don't think we need to buy a rb with Gary Neville coming and young Danny Simpson has been impressive when he has played this season.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
We've got Gary, we've got Wes, we've got Simmo and we have the Silva twins who are the succesors, just why do we need to bid that much on him or a need a new right-back?

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
nope. definitely not worth it. we have got simpson who's faster as sucessor. we got brown as a backup, we got gary coming back. even if gary cant play that much anymore like giggs, we have got oshea still as back up and brown would move as first choice.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i think he's good enough to be our right back, but i dont think we need another portuguese player... imo we need another englishman so i suggest we should go after glen johnson who has a great season ang playing terrific after leaving chelsea...

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Porto set Bosingwa price

Big money wanted for full-back

Porto have confirmed to skysports.com that they will not take anything less than 20million euros for star defender Jose Bosingwa.

Manchester United have reportedly stepped up their interest in the versatile right-back, who has been very much in the gaze of Aston Villa and Liverpool.

Porto have now confirmed that they would not consider any offer less than 20million euros for the Portuguese international, who they signed from Boavista five years ago.

"The value of Bosingwa in a deal is at least 20 million euros and Porto will not even study any offer inferior to this," a Porto spokesman told skysports.com.

Interest

The Portuguese press is also linking Spanish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona with a move.

President Pinto da Costa insists a sale is not something they are looking at, but they would obviously consider a substantial offer.

"We do not want to sell," he told the Portuguese press.

"But if a good offer arrives then it is normal that we would look at the subject."

Bosingwa admits he would be more than tempted by a big offer.

"I would accept a sale from a big club with an attractive sporting project," he said.

Source: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_3508406,00.html

20m!!??? NO WAY!!! I rather have Miguel from Valencia or Lahm or Alves or Richards or Corluka or Mendy all before this bloke! And I bet you all of them would be a much cheaper option (besides Alves). If they want 20m we might as well go for Alves!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Whoever says that about Hargreaves NO, because he is good at right back but he wont want a permanent position there, plus hes much more effective at DM.
So Boswinga would be a great investment.

·
Davey baby chips 'n' gravy
4,055 Posts
Alot of money for a RB indeed and I can really see Porto holding out for Maximum fee for him. I believe there is alot of better players out there for better value.

We need a another RB soon, because Gary Neville may have a struggle for fitness from now on.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
No way!!!!! 20 million pounds???? For that price, we'd get Alves or probably even Micah Richards.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
well lets look at the options we have we can bring hargreaves in at right back or midfield , gary neville is going to come back and john o'shea can play there. Then there is one of the brazilian twins to think about . But this story keeps cropping up so this may a true one ive not seen much to be honest but believe him to be a very good fullback.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Bosingwa Speculation-To Chelsea?

Porto demand £22m :eek:

Porto president Pinto da Costa has told Manchester United to put up or shut up over their bid for defender Jose Bosingwa.

United are believed to have lodged a £15.8 million bid ford the star defender but Porto are looking for closer to £22 million.

Da Costa said today: "We do not want to sell.
"But if a good offer arrives then it is normal that we would look at the subject."

Source: tribalfootball.com

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.