·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
what the hell he dont deserve that number
i would rather pay that wiht extra pounds to berbatov than bosingwa

·
Registered
566 Posts
i dont really know much about bosingwa but 22 m is really too much esp when he is not a big name player and besides, brown is doing a good job at rb.

·
Banned
198 Posts
Porto want Euros, it'd be 22m in € not £. 22m gbp = €30m.
Arguments in favour of Porto are i) he's at his prime period; the right time to make a lasting impact at the Rb spot ii) they don't need to sell, iii) he's a top player; fast, strong, attacking and solid in defence (paper talk says so) iv) he signed a new contract only last year..

But he also has a young brother in DRC who i as i heard it is also an up and coming Rb... so Bosingwa 1 here, and Bosingwa 2 could follow..

On a different ntoe, does anyone think our Brazilian Twins will make an impact next season?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Porto star Bosingwa's agent says no deal agreed with United

Jose Bosingwa's agent has dismissed reports the Porto right back has agreed terms with Manchester United.

The 25-year-old Portugal international has been linked with a move to Old Trafford.
But Rui Neno insisted: "There is no agreement with United.

"If any club bid the £30m set by the club, there might be agreement."

Bosingwa is seen as a long-term successor to Gary Neville, who has been out injured all season.

Dailymail.co.uk

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
For that kinda money, we should probably go for Micah Richards. He is faster, stronger, better in the air and of course younger too.

·
Banned
198 Posts
For thitry Million in pound sterling i want himt o come to old trafford, bring his brother from DRC to Old Trafford, give us a 10M gbp gurantee bond that his brother will become a start as good as him, and buy the biggest house in cheshire and bring his 10brothers and sisters to the house to live like an ordinary family there. £30m gbp can *go away*; i'd much rather spend 25 on Micah Richards, with whom City could very well have been European players next season. Instead it's going to turn out to be the dumbest move in the summer off season - sacking Ericksson.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Chelsea close in on Bosingwa deal

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_3547072,00.html

Chelsea have beaten Manchester United to the signature of Porto full-back Jose Bosingwa, according to reports emerging in Portugal.

The talented defender has demonstrated in the Champions League over the past few seasons that he is one of the continent's finest in his position.

And it is such performances that have not gone unnoticed across Europe, with Manchester United thought to have been leading the race to acquire his services.

However, it has now come to light that Chelsea are desperate to add the player to their ranks and have stolen a march on their Premier League rivals.

A fee of €20million (£15.8million) is thought to have been concurred between Porto and Chelsea, with Bosingwa to pen a five-year deal with the west London club.

Portuguese press are reporting that an announcement could be made as early as Monday, with Bosingwa having elected not to make any comment this weekend as to where his future may lie.

Well, they;re going to be even stronger aren't they. Their second team could beat most clubs. That's ok. We;ve always liked a good challenge. All the more reason to win the double this year!

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
I am unsure that they have "beaten" United to the signing - did we even talk to the club?? Let us also remember that cHelski have probably promised him three times anybody else, for sitting on bench for half the season.

For their salaries, I would sign for them!!

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Chelsea agree Bosingwa deal

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_3554631,00.html

£16.2 million fee for Portugal star

Chelsea are set to win the race to sign Portuguese star Jose Bosingwa after agreeing a deal with Porto.

The Blues have struck a deal worth 20.5million euros (£16.2million) with Porto and the player has flown to London for talks and a medical.

Porto announced a deal was done in a statement to the Portuguese Stock Exchange: "We inform the market that we have an understanding with Chelsea for the rights to our player Jose Bosingwa for the price of 20.5million euros.

"More information on the relative agreement of the transfer will be legalised once the player concludes the medical examinations that he is now having with the permission of Porto football club."

The player's agent Jorge Mendes has accompanied his client as Chelsea look to seal the deal in the next 48 hours.

Manchester United, Liverpool and Aston Villa have all made moves for the 25-year-old in recent months but it appears Chelsea have held them off to land the highly-rated full-back.

Bosingwa, who has been at Porto for five years since joining from Boavista, will have his sights set on becoming first-choice at Stamford Bridge.

Fellow countryman Paulo Ferriera and Brazilian Juliano Belletti are the other options to play at right-back for coach Avram Grant, while midfielder Michael Essien has also been used there on occasions.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.