Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I don't really care that much, as I haven't seen him in action.

But I highly doubt hes any better than Lahm or Richards, the two players that I think Utd should be deciding between to sign.

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Chelsea agree Bosingwa deal

Chelsea are set to win the race to sign Portuguese star Jose Bosingwa after agreeing a deal with Porto.

The Blues have struck a deal worth 20.5million euros (£16.2million) with Porto and the player has flown to London for talks and a medical.

Porto announced a deal was done in a statement to the Portuguese Stock Exchange: "We inform the market that we have an understanding with Chelsea for the rights to our player Jose Bosingwa for the price of 20.5million euros.

"More information on the relative agreement of the transfer will be legalised once the player concludes the medical examinations that he is now having with the permission of Porto football club."

Chelsea also confirmed deal was in place and he would sign subject to a medical.

The player's agent Jorge Mendes has accompanied his client as Chelsea look to seal the deal in the next 48 hours.

Manchester United, Liverpool and Aston Villa have all made moves for the 25-year-old in recent months but it appears Chelsea have held them off to land the highly-rated full-back.

Bosingwa, who has been at Porto for five years since joining from Boavista, will have his sights set on becoming first-choice at Stamford Bridge.

Fellow countryman Paulo Ferriera and Brazilian Juliano Belletti are the other options to play at right-back for coach Avram Grant, while midfielder Michael Essien has also been used there on occasions.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
That's a shame. I thought he would move to United this summer.

£16m is a heck of a lot of money for a right-back though. Is he really that good?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
not a chance would I pay that kind of money for him! how are they justifying that fee??? now they have him and ivanovic,,. .

We've got Wesley Brown !! Prefer him anyway!!

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Abramovitch: Avram, darling?

Grant: Yes.

Abramovitch: Quick buy someone BIG, take the heat off us!!

Grant: But United have all the BIG players

Abramovitch: Stick your hand in the box of players names United have shown interest in and pull one out!

Grant: Er, Shearer?

Abramovitch: No Try again

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
lol rd........
anyway
now our options at RB are smaller and we need to get someone fast so that no one (like chelsea and spurs) comes after the players who are linked with a move to us!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do we really need a new right defender? I expect Gary will play here next season and we have got Brown and O'shea + i would like to see Simpson playing some easy matches. Don't forget Owen is great RB too.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Imo Chelski got ripped off, completely i reckon Fergie enquired and probably would of bid if they said around the region of 12 million (max)
I would much prefer Lahm or Richards definitely.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Red Devil said:
Abramovitch: Avram, darling?

Grant: Yes.

Abramovitch: Quick buy someone BIG, take the heat off us!!

Grant: But United have all the BIG players

Abramovitch: Stick your hand in the box of players names United have shown interest in and pull one out!

Grant: Er, Shearer?

Abramovitch: No Try again
Hilarious.

IMO, great signing. Ripped off. Does that matter to Chelsea, no? Are we ripped off in every deal? Yes. Still a good signing. Just sounds expensive, and a bit knee-jerky, and again reaks of United transfer roumor scouting.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Chelsea Sign Bosingwa

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/8128890/Porto-claims-'Bosingwa-to-Chelsea'-deal

Just watched it on Sky Sports as well...

Copy our scouting much? It is ok... We are going to get Richards. :D

What are your views/comments?

·
Registered
854 Posts
I think they are buying players for the sake of it. they are spending so much money on a player that will not be much better than the likes of Ferreria and Beletti and Essien who can play there. Pointless let them squander their money.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
claerly chelsea also have their problems with rb, with essein preferred in that position in big matches rather than the 2 rbs available. bosingwa shld be a great addition for them

41 - 59 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.