Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is everything that comes for free always so good?
Here is a list of players who could leave their current club on free transfer aka Bosman ruling. There's two United players on this list. What do you think, will they leave us this summer? Is there anyone to pick up on free for us?
As I see it there's nothing for us on this list. And the days are numbered for out two United legends.

ASTON VILLA: Wayne Routledge, Stuart Taylor.
BLACKBURN: Tugay, Andre Ooijer.
BOLTON: Ali Al-Habsi.
EVERTON: Andy van der Meyde, Nuno Valente.
FULHAM: Danny Murphy, Pascal Zuberbuhler, TJ Moncur, Moritz Volz.
HULL: Ian Ashbee, Nick Barmby, Dean Windass, Sam Ricketts.
LIVERPOOL: Sami Hyypia.
MAN CITY: Michael Ball, Glauber Berti, Dietmar Hamann, Danny Mills, Daniel Sturridge, Darius Vassell.
MAN UTD: Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville.
MIDDLESBROUGH: Chris Riggott, Ross Turnbull, Brad Jones, Mohamed Shawky.
NEWCASTLE: Michael Owen, Shola Ameobi, Steve Harper, Nicky Butt.
PORTSMOUTH: Sol Campbell, Sean Davis, Kanu, Lauren, Noe Pamarot, Herman Hreidarsson, Richard Hughes, Djimi Traore, Richard Duffy, Linvoy Primus, Jerome Thomas, Jean-Francois Christophe.
STOKE: Amdy Faye, Vincent Pericard, Salif Diao, Lewis Buxton.
SUNDERLAND: Dwight Yorke.
TOTTENHAM: Paul Stalteri.
WEST BROM: Dean Kiely, Carl Hoefkens, Sherjil MacDonald, Shelton Martis.
WEST HAM: Lucas Neill.
WIGAN: Emile Heskey, Kevin Kilbane, Ryan Taylor, Henri Camara, Mike Pollitt.

Arsenal and Chelsea do not have any players out of contract in the summer.

A thought after going through this list is that Pompey without Harry have 12 players who could leave the club....is it Pompeys season next season to struggle with lots of player leaving?

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
spellbound said:
Is everything that comes for free always so good?
Here is a list of players who could leave their current club on free transfer aka Bosman ruling. There's two United players on this list. What do you think, will they leave us this summer? Is there anyone to pick up on free for us?
As I see it there's nothing for us on this list. And the days are numbered for out two United legends.

ASTON VILLA: Wayne Routledge, Stuart Taylor.
BLACKBURN: Tugay, Andre Ooijer.
BOLTON: Ali Al-Habsi.
EVERTON: Andy van der Meyde, Nuno Valente.
FULHAM: Danny Murphy, Pascal Zuberbuhler, TJ Moncur, Moritz Volz.
HULL: Ian Ashbee, Nick Barmby, Dean Windass, Sam Ricketts.
LIVERPOOL: Sami Hyypia.
MAN CITY: Michael Ball, Glauber Berti, Dietmar Hamann, Danny Mills, Daniel Sturridge, Darius Vassell.
MAN UTD: Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville.
MIDDLESBROUGH: Chris Riggott, Ross Turnbull, Brad Jones, Mohamed Shawky.
NEWCASTLE: Michael Owen, Shola Ameobi, Steve Harper, Nicky Butt.
PORTSMOUTH: Sol Campbell, Sean Davis, Kanu, Lauren, Noe Pamarot, Herman Hreidarsson, Richard Hughes, Djimi Traore, Richard Duffy, Linvoy Primus, Jerome Thomas, Jean-Francois Christophe.
STOKE: Amdy Faye, Vincent Pericard, Salif Diao, Lewis Buxton.
SUNDERLAND: Dwight Yorke.
TOTTENHAM: Paul Stalteri.
WEST BROM: Dean Kiely, Carl Hoefkens, Sherjil MacDonald, Shelton Martis.
WEST HAM: Lucas Neill.
WIGAN: Emile Heskey, Kevin Kilbane, Ryan Taylor, Henri Camara, Mike Pollitt.

Arsenal and Chelsea do not have any players out of contract in the summer.

A thought after going through this list is that Pompey without Harry have 12 players who could leave the club....is it Pompeys season next season to struggle with lots of player leaving?

Damn that seems like half the premiership from the last ten years all without a club for next season at the moment .

Hasnt giggs agreed a deal yet ?

·
Registered
573 Posts
i know he doesn't play for a Premiership team but what about Edgar Davids i hear that he is available after leaving his current club Ajax at the start of the season

i think despite his advancing age he could still do a job for one of the smaller clubs in the top flight what do ppl think??

As for the Premiership players on a free i think Michael Owen would be worth a shot untill the summer as i still feel we need a goalscorer,
Gary Neville i think should move into coaching in January as i dont think he will have a big part if any to play this season and after, Giggs on the other hand i think should do the same but i still think he can do a job for at least another season yet.

·
Registered
601 Posts
thanks for that, we have to get owen, he will be a bargain. But i get this feeling he may goto Arsenal or liverpool as they lack that 2nd experienced striker

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
trikam patel said:
thanks for that, we have to get owen, he will be a bargain. But i get this feeling he may goto Arsenal or liverpool as they lack that 2nd experienced striker

Owen dont sounds so keen on taking a pay cut from his 100k+ he's having today at Newcastle. 100 a week for him is not a bargain even if he sign on for free and WITHOUT a signing bonus. Ive seen his record in Newcastle. Just over 50 games in 3 seasons. Thats very little action you get out of your guy for your 100k+ a week.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Well, its not very often that you get a truly great player available on a Bosman.

But on that list, the only player I wouldn't mind would be Owen. But I would only get him if we could get him quite cheaply in January, as theres no point signing him in the summer when we could spend more money on a better, and more long-term prospect.

But some of those players will make great signings for smaller clubs, no doubt.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Owen would be worth a 1 year contract maybe. But he'd ask for more pay than Rooney, Berba and Tevez put together lol! Nah none of them are worth it tbh, people like Sol Campbell etc. will sign contracts pretty soon, others likes Danny Mills will just leave and probably not get a club :p

·
23,699 Posts
Bump...

Bosman players for grab... Miroslav Klose, Taye Taiwo, Sylvain Marveaux, Andrea Pirlo, Philippe Mexes, Johan Elmander and............ Michael Owen.

SEVEN Bosman deals that have Premier clubs sniffing | FootballFanCast.com

There have been any number of excellent free transfers or ‘Bosmans’ made over the years. Whether it’s Henrik Larsson moving from Celtic to Barcelona, Sol Campbell from Tottenham to Arsenal or Esteban Cambiasso moving from Real Madrid to Inter Milan, it’s clear that you don’t always have to pay over the odds for talented players. Sometimes you just need to sit things out, wait for the opportune moment and strike when the time’s right. With the summer transfer window fast approaching and a number of big names approaching the end of their contracts, the time may well be right for a bit of poaching. We here at Thisisfutbol.com have collated the seven best footballers available on a free transfer this summer. It’s all just further evidence that the best things in life are free.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
I'd have Mexes and Pirlo off that list, Taiwo is a good player too but I don't reckon we need a right back to we quite honest.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
He's a left back mate.
My apolgieses was mixing him and Fanni(ha fanni) up. He's still a decent player and if he can play left back I would bring him in as Fabio seems to be playing no game time there anymore it's all been on the right even with Sheasy playing.

·
Big Daddy
34,250 Posts
I can see Pirlo coming to England. Maybe Chelsea if Ancelotti is still around.
I would bet Pirlo will be playing under Ancelotti - be that Chelsea, Roma or whoever. Could be a useful addition for us, at least get a couple of seasons out of him - would be a good threat through set peices too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts