Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sir Alex Ferguson feels the title is in touching distance after his team overcame a difficult test at Old Trafford.

United came from behind to beat Arsenal in what the manager regarded as an "absolutely outstanding" game, even if his players were below par in the first period.

"Arsenal were the better team in the first half," admitted Sir Alex, after describing his experience of watching the match as "torture."

"I thought we were nervous, I thought our passing was poor, I thought the confidence and the way we expressed ourselves was poor. I couldn't wait for half-time. I had Anderson and Tevez to come on and when Arsenal scored it forced my hand. I thought we were fantastic after that.

"Wayne could have had a hat-trick, we played some good football and Arsenal had some good moments themselves. It was just an incredible game.

"I watched the Liverpool-Arsenal match on Tuesday night and thought it was fantastic. But the quality of that game today was absolutely outstanding. You'll not get a better game this year."

Sir Alex revealed before this match that Middlesbrough away last week had been marked on his card as a potential banana skin. And he surely had this fixture circled in red for danger as well.

"We've got over a nervous day today. We knew Arsenal are such a good team and there's been nothing between the clubs in the games we've played over the years.

"So that was a big, big game for us today and we've come through that. It was a bit nervy at times but we've come through it.

"We've got a week's rest now so we can freshen up the players before Blackburn away. It's a local derby and it's always hard and then we've got Chelsea at Chelsea.

"I said (last week) if we won our next three games we'd win the league. We've won one of them, we've got two to go – if we win our next two games, we're champions."

-manutd.com

I'd like to acknowledge all my friends on this forum who pointed out the absurd original title..... and my inability to find the Go Advanced button......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts