1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put you brain teasers here and let others do their desperate best to solve em'

ABCB - DEFC = GAFB
: + -
DH x AB = IEI
-------------------------
GGE + DEBB = DHDG

All the letters are = to the numbers from 0 to 8. But they do not follow in order. For Example A=3 or E=1 ect!

Here is a nice easy one to start off with! :D Have fun!

Z

·
0 Posts
A + B to the nth number is the same value as pie, so if you multiply this by infinity, round it to the the nearest number, divide it by a million and finally find the square root of it you have your answer....simple really :D:p

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Dang you AG... I have to figure this out now...

Lets see... since there are 2 C's in alternate places and the answer has the letter opposite the C's, its most logical for C = 0

Code:
  ABCB 
- DEFC 
--------
  GAFB

AB0B
-DEF0
-------
 GAFB
... and also F is probably 5, since the only way to subtract from 0 and get yourself after borrowing is to be in the middle of the digit (i.e. 14 - 7 = 7, 10 - 5 = 5)

Code:
  ABCB 
- DEFC 
--------
  GAFB

AB0B
-DE50
-------
 GA5B
A > D < G to make the first column true since you can't borrow from there... and if that's true then I assume B > A > E for the 2nd column based on the same theory as column 1 (while keeping the 1st column theory to be true).

B > A > E
A > D < G
If we can make a substitue for A...
B > (D < G) > E

Then: B > A > G > (E > D)*

*could be flopped the other way

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ABOB - DEFC = GAFB Well done Zane, first part is correct

Can't give the numbers because that will give the rest away!

DH X AB = IEI
-----------------
GGE + DEBB = DHDG Figure out this and you have completed it!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Wait... are the numbers the same in all 3 lines (I.e. If B=0 in ABOB - DEFC = GAFB, is it also supposed to be 0 in DH X AB = IEI), or are they 3 separate puzzles?

<Edit>

Oh yea, I think I have actual numbers for the first part. I won't post them here as it will ruin it (consider what I put earlier a hint for everyone else). I'll pm them to you AG (if it coincides with the answer to the question above)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PrinceZane said:
Wait... are the numbers the same in all 3 lines (I.e. If B=0 in ABOB - DEFC = GAFB, is it also supposed to be 0 in DH X AB = IEI), or are they 3 separate puzzles?

<Edit>

Oh yea, I think I have actual numbers for the first part. I won't post them here as it will ruin it (consider what I put earlier a hint for everyone else). I'll pm them to you AG (if it coincides with the answer to the question above)

Cool do that. but I think you got the right numbers! I suppose you can do it in parts.
Same numbers apply for all the teaser!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts