Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nemanja Vidic has been a revelation to Manchester United's defence, proving there's no tackle he'll pull out of and no header he can't win. The crowd have been quickly won over by our Serbian superstar who Ferguson signed at steal of £7 million in the January transfer window the season before last. He has established himself quickly in the team and has been tipped as one half of the best defensive partnership United have ever had.

With the January window approaching again, United have today been linked with another Serbian defender, Vidic's International team mate Branislav Ivanovic. The versatile defender has already been linked with the likes of Chelsea, Juventus, Barcelona and Real Madrid, and has shown signs of a very promising future. He captained Serbia's Under 21s side in the European Championships in 2006 and was named in the team of the tournament.

A month ago, the 23 year old defender talked about a future away from his current club, saying, “If I were to leave Lokomotiv, I would want to join one of the biggest sides in Europe – either a team in Italy, England or Spain.†He went on to say that he was keen on a move to Juventus over Inter. He has also previously said it would be a “dream†to sign for a club like Chelsea. Now United are looking interested, hopefully Vidic will be the man to persuade to lure the young defender to Manchester.

Currently, JoS is the only cover we have for Patrice Evra at left back, whilst Wes Brown and the inexperienced Danny Simpson are replacements for the currently injured Gary Neville. In the centre, Gerard Pique joins Brown as cover for the central defensive positions. Ivanovic is able to play across any of the back four positions and is apparently pretty handy in midfield as well.

The player's contract runs out in 2011 and with interest from top clubs all over Europe, we would probably be looking at a larger transfer fee than the bargain we struck for Vidic, however this certainly looks like a deal we should be paying careful attention to. If this lad can perform anything like Vidic, who was just twenty four when we signed him, then we should certainly do all we can to bring him to United.

What do you think? Will Ivanovic be joining us in January?

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/next-vidic-on-his-way-to-old-trafford/
http://www.fulhamweb.com/fulhamweb/news/result.asp?article_id=3631&Type=1
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/07/12/06/manual_130331.html
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/12/07/ufnivanovic107.xml

N

·
0 Posts
think we got enuf defenders maybe? with pique and simpson bardsley and friends

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Could this be a sign that Pique is on his way out of OT..........

There has been talk of it and we would get a good price from Madrid or any other Spanish club.....

pure speculation I know, but we do seem to have enough defenders as it is........

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Bane is not next Vidic,He's a kind better than him.I'm serious.He is able to play on CB position as much good as Nemanja do.But,also he can play very,very good on RB,LB,DM,MR positions.......and he is good in scoring goals;)
And Pique,Simpson and others..............pffff,c'mon give me a break:p

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's a very good player,the best in this season in Russian Premier League.

I had watch for his game all season,it's a greatfull

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
The Daily Telegraph says........

Branislav Ivanovic set for Man Utd move

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is lining up a £10 million move for
Serbian full-back Branislav Ivanovic.

Ferguson wants more competition within his squad at left back and sees Ivanovic
as the ideal candidate to challenge Patrice Evra.

The presence of Serbia international Nemanja Vidic in the United first team is likely
to prove decisive, with Ivanovic set to sign from Lokomotiv Moscow in the
January transfer window.

The player's agent has indicated the 23-year-old would prefer a move to England,
despite interest from Internazionale, AC Milan and Juventus.

Chelsea are also monitoring the situation closely, and sources in Serbia suggest
that a bid from Roman Abramovich for Ivanovic and team-mate Diniyar
Bilyaletdinov might be on the cards.

Ivanovic has a contract with Lokomotiv that runs until 2010, but it is believed to
have a release clause in it which allows him to go for a determined price.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
This guy is brilliant and the runs - wow, what a signing he'd be for United!

I think I put videos in my thread "Vidic wants mate at United!"

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Chelsea close on £10m-rated Serb defender

David Hytner
Thursday January 3, 2008
The Guardian

Chelsea are close to completing the signing of Branislav Ivanovic, the £10m-rated central defender from Lokomotiv Moscow. The 23-year-old, a Serbia international, has been chased by a host of leading clubs, including Manchester United, Juventus and Ajax.
United, who already have one top Serbian player - Nemanja Vidic - in their squad had been considered the favourites to get Ivanovic but Chelsea, aided by the Moscow connections of their owner, Roman Abramovich, have moved to the fore. Avram Grant, the Chelsea manager, has struggled with injuries to his squad since he succeeded Jose Mourinho and he has concerns over John Terry, his captain and central defender.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2234484,00.html

Should we get this guy.

skele you know the most about him, your input please????

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
nop..he's not...he's on his way to Stamford Bridge..for 9 mil...i think...to bad...who cares...we got Pique...Vidic...Rio...Evans...we don't need him

L

·
0 Posts
Bane Ivanovic was the best defender in Serbian league while he was playing for OFK Belgrade. This team is the 3rd best team in Serbia (after Red Star and Partizan) and they had the best defense in league while Bane was played for them. He is very strong,has good jump and header. He can play at two positions central defender and right defender as well. Comaparasion Bane Ivanovic vs Nemanja Vidic:
Jump - Vida better
Header - Bane better
Straight - Even
Positions - Bane more
Injury problems - Vida more
Goals after free kicks and corners - Even

Only diference is that Bane showned this performances in Serbian and Russian league and Vida prove his quality in Premiere league. We will see now how will he play for Chelsea. Now, it's perfect time for him to prove his coach that he is wright man for Chelsea becouse Terry is injured, so he will be in the starting line for next couple games.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts